Security Engineer (Physical Security)
About The Hut Group:
THG is one of the world’s fastest growing and largest online retailers. We have over a decade of experience building and growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors, in over 160 markets. We create brilliant digital brand experiences and our in-house team design, develop and build a bespoke proprietary technology platform that is used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide. With a world-class business, a proprietary technology platform, and disruptive business model, our ambition is to be the global digital leader.
Our culture is fast-paced and ambitious – we like to move twice as fast others believe to be possible. This belief is a fundamental part of the DNA that has supported our incredible growth. Our people are our strength and we have over 4,000 diverse, smart thinkers across the globe who are encouraged to think creatively and empowered to turn their ideas into actions.
To support our ambitious growth, we are looking for commercially astute, ambitious individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and play a part in driving the Group forward on its truly exciting journey.
THG's primary focus is health, beauty, prestige and nutrition related consumer goods. The company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare, ESPA and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.
THG is looking to recruit a Security Engineer. Due to rapid growth THG are looking for a security engineer to join the Security, Risk and Resilience department. Reporting to the Technical Security Manager you will be responsible for the design, installation, commissioning and maintenance of high end integrated security systems. This role is based at our new offices near Manchester Airport but will involve some travel and overnight stays, therefore a full driving license is required. This role is based at our new offices near Manchester Airport but will involve some travel and overnight stays, therefore a full driving license is required.
- Responsible for designing physical security systems in line with relevant internal and external standards.
- Responsible for the installation of complex integrated security systems such as IP CCTV, Access Control, Intruder Alarms and video intercoms.
- Ensure that projects are delivered in line with expectations particularly in terms of budgets and timings.
- Design global security standards in terms of installation and commissioning that can be used in tender documents.
- Preventative and corrective maintenance of security systems to ensure ongoing reliability.
- Research innovative new technologies to reduce risk across THG.
- Knowledge of fire alarm systems would be advantageous.
- Established knowledge of high end security systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient with MS Office Professional Suite
- NEBOSH/IOSH Qualification
- Experience with S2, Wavestore, Galaxy and Texecom.
- Professional security qualification such as CPP, PSP or CSMP
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Onsite Doctor
- Employee discounts
- Company bonus scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Company pension scheme