Service Desk Engineer (Graduate)
THG aims to be the World’s Leading Online Health & Beauty Destination. We are currently the UK’s leading multi-website online retailer with rapidly growing global operations and a unique proprietary technology platform. With over 16 million customers worldwide and 400 million visits to our sites annually, we understand the importance of reliable technology and data-driven expertise.
Our software is the core of our business and enables the company to continue to grow and thrive. The Group’s industry-leading and proprietary technology platform powers its own consumer sites plus global media partners and brand owners, including Unilever, Nintendo and the Daily Mail Group. We develop all of our own applications in-house with our Development Delivery Teams. In order to enable our Delivery Teams to continue to achieve, we are always looking for bright and intellectual people who are happy to push boundaries and really challenge the status quo.
Led by world-class technologists with a diverse range of backgrounds ranging from Silicon Valley tech giants (Google, Amazon) through to Hedge funds and Algorithmic Trading Firms. You will be surrounded by highly intellectual and passionate colleagues, all with the common goal to help us grow this business globally, fast.
As a Service Desk Engineer you will:
• Raising incident tickets and following-up with internal and external customers, owning issues until closure or escalation.
• Identifying and reporting on unauthorized/malicious access attempts to corporate assets through the use of log analysis and alerting tools.
• Following prescribed processes, 24/7 monitoring, detection, assessment, classification and escalation of both service and security related issues.
• Detection and first line response to service impacting problems.
• Ensuring service and security incidents are promptly addressed in accordance with the incident response procedures.
• Performing basic systems testing and operational tasks (smoke and network connectivity testing, script execution, etc).
• Providing feedback to Team Leaders to tune security and service alerts to improve the effectiveness of Service runbooks.
- Producing reports and management information as required.
- Hit the ground running with a good level of initiative, common sense and ability to work under pressure.
- Provide phone and web-based/remote support services to our retail websites in the UK and all around the world.
- Interrogate SQL databases for anomalies/information to aid in query resolution.
- Be open to completing relevant IT certifications (paid for by the company).
- Take part on the Service Desk 24/7 rota.
- Experience of working in a similar role is welcome but not necessary.
- Very good English skills (both written and spoken).
- Knowledge of IT and information security subject matter.
- Understanding of technologies and concepts used in web applications.
- Knowledge of networking concepts and components (network protocols, firewall, VPN, etc).
Being able to work in shifts (24/7 system).
- Very good communication and analytical thinking skills.
- Experience in working in either NOC, SOC, or Service Support structure.
- Exposure to Service Management, Infrastructure monitoring & Open source visualization tools such as Kibana & Grafana
- Understanding of SQL language.
- Competitive Salary, plus a bonus
- You’ll be joining a growing, intelligent team that will drive business change
- You’ll have the opportunity to make an impact within the team, applying the skills and methodologies you’ve learnt
- You’ll be working for a company with an excellent culture, in a friendly and fast paced environment
- You’ll be able to react to change with backing from the business
- You'll have the opportunity to solve complex business/technical problems