Graduate Software Engineer - THG Accelerator - 2019
THG is one of the fastest growing online retailers on the planet. We have over a decade of experience building and growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors, across over 140 markets. We specialise in creating brilliant digital brand experiences and aim to be the world’s leading online health & beauty destination. We are currently the UK’s leading multi-website online retailer with rapidly expanding global operations and over 16 million customers worldwide.
We are building a world-class business with a global presence, a proprietary technology platform, and disruptive business model. Our culture is fast-paced and forward-thinking– we like to move twice as fast others believe to be possible. This belief is a fundamental part of the DNA that has supported our incredible growth. Our people are our strength and we have over 4,000 diverse, smart thinkers across the globe who are encouraged to think creatively and empowered to turn their ideas into actions.
THG Technology and Innovation Accelerator
Come to learn. Stay to work.
A gateway to a technology career with THG, for creative thinkers from all disciplines.
As part of our continued growth we seek to develop well-rounded, commercially astute technologists who can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG to help drive us forward.
Join us at the THG Technology and Innovation Accelerator. Our revolutionary six-month programme provides a gateway into a rewarding technology career in one of the world’s fastest growing technology companies. We’ll consider you a THG technologist from the start, with exposure to real projects and real responsibilities.
As a member of THG Accelerator, you will be exposed to every aspect of the technology that goes into THG’s world class technology platform and you will have the opportunity to work within a number of technical disciplines.
You’ll learn about software engineering in a unique learning environment that combines theory and practice with real problems and projects from our business. The content of the course curriculum will be tailored to THG, supplemented with real-world projects, and facilitated by a team of THG technology experts and THG Accelerator’s world-class faculty.
Modules studied with us will include:
- Fundamentals of Programming (in Python)
- Operating Systems and Computer Systems
- Web Development
- Object-Oriented Programming (in Java)
After your intensive training period, you will receive a significant salary increase and transition into a technology role that is suited to your interests and newly developed skillset. Available roles may include (but are not limited to) the following:
Tech Marketing – Take on responsibility for our in-house eCRM platform and improve integration with marketing networks. You’ll be given the opportunity to pioneer exciting projects, such as devising an AI chat bot.
Internal Apps – Join our team of full-stack developers to build internal tools. You’ll work closely with trading and marketing to gain a comprehensive understanding of technology requirements across the business.
Data Science – Learn to leverage the vast quantity of data produced by our customers to formulate key strategic decisions. Use our Big Data platform, built on Google’s Cloud services, to improve customer experience.
Web Platform – Focus on the core services of our websites, including the creation of robust enterprise level back-end systems. You can also take charge of long term projects, such as scaling our platform for global distribution and improving its resiliency.
Join The Hut Group via THG Accelerator and here’s what you can do:
- Learn something new every day.
- Share your ideas and add value.
- Work on a variety of bleeding edge technologies including distributed computing, natural language, machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Work with other bright individuals on complex problems that will help change the face of global online retail.
- You will have a degree in a STEM or related subject. However, we will also accept applications from students from non-STEM backgrounds who can demonstrate a commitment to and interest in technology and programming outside of their degree.
- We also welcome applications from career-changers and do not restrict our programme to recent graduates.
- You’ll have an aptitude for technology and a strong interest in programming and coding.
- Ideally we would like for you to have some practical knowledge or experience of at least one coding language. This could have been gained through school or university, or through giving it a go at home.
- You’ll have a passion for learning.
- You’ll possess good communication and team working skills.
As a valued employee of THG you’ll benefit from discounts on all THG brands and be enrolled onto our company pension scheme. Throughout your time with us, you will also benefit from:
- Competitive salaries plus quarterly bonuses.
- Leadership and professional development training throughout your career.
- You’ll have the opportunity to make an impact within the team, applying the skills and methodologies you’ve learnt during your time with THG Institute.
- You’ll be working for a company with an excellent culture, in a friendly and fast paced environment.