Maintenance and Reliability Technician
About The Hut Group:
THG is one of the world’s fastest growing and largest online retailers. We have over a decade of experience building and growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors, in over 160 markets. We create brilliant digital brand experiences and our in-house team design, develop and build a bespoke proprietary technology platform that is used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide. With a world-class business, a proprietary technology platform, and disruptive business model, our ambition is to be the global digital leader.
Our culture is fast-paced and ambitious – we like to move twice as fast others believe to be possible. This belief is a fundamental part of the DNA that has supported our incredible growth. Our people are our strength and we have over 4,000 diverse, smart thinkers across the globe who are encouraged to think creatively and empowered to turn their ideas into actions.
To support our ambitious growth, we are looking for commercially astute, ambitious individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and play a part in driving the Group forward on its truly exciting journey.
THG's primary focus is health, beauty, prestige and nutrition related consumer goods. The company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare, ESPA and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.
Operations is at the heart of our customers’ experience here at THG. We manufacture a wide range of sports nutrition and cosmetic consumer goods that we then despatch to our customers in over 200 countries worldwide from our purpose built, innovative Manufacturing and Distribution Centres.
Due to rapid growth, THG is looking to recruit a Manufacturing Maintenance & Reliability Technician.
You will report to the Engineering Manager and your main focus will be development and delivery of the Operational Engineering strategy through the reduction of unplanned losses and improvement of the asset life cycle. You will also be responsible for the reliability and improvement of process assets.
- Plan and prioritise the shift workload for the engineering and facility teams to enable production targets to be achieved by maximising machinery up time
- Execute the planned preventative maintenance schedule to maximise machinery up time and minimise disruption to production targets
- Ensure all plant, services and equipment adhere to all relevant legislation and so that a safe working environment is maintained all times
- Ensure the engineering and facility teams produces all documents and reports accurately and presents information in the required format to given time scales
- Ensure that the permit to work is in place and adhered to so that contractors and colleagues work safely at all times
- Lead the engineering and facility teams to create a high performing culture where team members are supported to achieve their potential
- Ensure the engineering and facility teams adhere to good manufacturing practices (GMP) ensuring compliance with manufacturing unit food safety requirements
- Root cause analysis, championing and managing corrective actions through the teams of engineers and technicians
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement within the engineering department
To be considered for this role you should have
- Engineering HNC or equivalent
- Proven track record of operating at engineering supervisor level within a food manufacturing environment or FMCG
- Appropriate levels of industrial experience
- Knowledge of manufacturing machinery and/or processes
- Competent understanding of cost and budgets
- IOSH Certified
- Computer Literacy
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Employee discounts
- Company bonus scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Company pension scheme