Associate Product Manager
Opening Date - 28/09/2018
Closing Date - 27/10/2018
The Associate Product Manager, will be responsible for recommending best technical solutions based on client business needs. This role as an Associate Product Manager will require strategic design and mapping of business requirements and solutions to system/technical requirements. An individual filling this role should be comfortable being involved at the inception of business/technical ideation and can articulate possible solutions based on knowledge of the capabilities and limitations of THG’s Tech platform.
Working as an internal business consultant, you will be responsible for the development and management of requirements to ensure product development is aligned to business needs for your business function. As an Associate Product Manager, you would be the business advocate within product development, collaborating with stakeholders throughout the business function to ensure that tech projects supports their most important goals and strategic mandates. You would achieve this through seamless communication with both technical and non-technical stakeholders and through building relationships with client facing functions to ensure all relevant knowledge flows into the project process.
Based on breadth and depth of your understanding of business needs and processes, you will collaborate with IT professionals to determine if appropriate internal or external solutions currently exist, or whether new solutions are required and feasible. You will take a broad perspective to determine how such solutions will impact existing work streams and systems, and how to manage the integration of new systems. Associate Product Managers are responsible for proactively identifying technology opportunities that support business strategies and performance.
As an Associate Product Manager you will educate project team members on business goals and objectives and educate the business on the value of technology. You will be responsible for identifying, proposing, and overseeing the execution of business solutions. Through versatile appropriately tailored communication and the ability to translate between technical and business language, you will work collaboratively, negotiating requirements across different groups.
Product Managers must develop a deep understanding of the key drivers and measures of success for the business, and both the tactical and strategic goals of the business and related technologies. They must have a working knowledge of the business area that they support and should be equally aligned with Technology teams/verticals.
- Leads the assessment of client needs utilizing a structured requirements process (gathering, analysing, documenting, and managing changes) to prioritize immediate business needs
- Develops, writes, and communicates business requirements and functional specifications for the implementation of business solutions.
- Analyses client operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities for improvements.
- Provides assistance in business case development (i.e., research, data collection)
- Technical Background / Degree Program preferred
- Able to work effectively and individually with Technical and Non-Technical team members
- Practical knowledge of end-to-end Agile software development methodologies such as
- Basic Knowledge of implementation and configuration of an ecommerce system
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to quickly assimilate and apply new concepts,
- Is able to effectively facilitate meetings, demonstrate brainstorming / consensus building
- Analyses/Identifies areas of risk and develops plans to minimize
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to learn quickly and think creatively
- Ability to compose executive summaries and project plans
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and ability to take a leadership role when necessary.
and business clients
business models, and technologies. Possesses excellent oral and written communication
skills, and interact with executive level project sponsors
- Competitive Salary
- You’ll be joining a growing, intelligent team that will drive business change
- You’ll have the opportunity to make an impact within the team, applying the skills and methodologies you’ve learnt
- You’ll be working for a company with an excellent culture, in a friendly and fast paced environment
- You’ll be able to react to change with backing from the business
- You'll have the opportunity to solve complex business/technical problems