PR Manager - Beauty
About The Hut Group:
THG is one of the world’s fastest growing and largest online retailers. We have over a decade of experience building and growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors, in over 160 markets. We create brilliant digital brand experiences and our in-house team design, develop and build a bespoke proprietary technology platform that is used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
With a world-class business, a proprietary technology platform, and disruptive business model, our ambition is to be the global digital leader.
Our culture is fast-paced and ambitious – we like to move twice as fast others believe to be possible. This belief is a fundamental part of the DNA that has supported our incredible growth. Our people are our strength and we have over 4,000 diverse, smart thinkers across the globe who are encouraged to think creatively and empowered to turn their ideas into actions.
To support our ambitious growth, we are looking for commercially astute, ambitious individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and play a part in driving the Group forward on its truly exciting journey.
About the division
With an industry recognised portfolio of market leading beauty brands, we are accelerating our momentum to become the number one Health and Beauty retailer globally. With brands across multiple categories such as; Illasmaqua, ESPA and Grow Gorgeous we have people and their ambition, passion and unremitting determination at the heart of what we do – whether we are innovating our packaging, building disruptive ecommerce capabilities or creating a powerful brand campaign.
About the role
- Responsible for creating and executing beauty PR strategy
- Growing brand awareness of our websites amongst targeted audiences
- Contributing to the management of budgets for individual projects such as press and launch events
- Building relationships with key journalists and the wider teams within the Group
- Managing celebrity influencer relationships, brand ambassador relationships and activity with them
- Managing and mentoring junior members of the team
- Liaising with media through a mix of channels, from traditional to social and consumer
- Will have experience in the Consumer and/or Beauty arena
- Experience of launching brands and handling the re-brand of sites
- Experience of organising and executing events to press and consumers
- Competent in the development and management of media campaigns for beauty brands
- Excellent written communication skills, being well-versed in writing press releases and proposals
- Experience managing budgets and reporting
- Proactive with a keen eye for an opportunity and innate awareness of trends and the news agenda
- Collaborative team player with the tenacity to drive results and ambition to progress within an extremely talented team
- Friendly, positive, can-do attitude who thinks outside the box, is creative and goes the extra mile to drive initiatives
- Extensive network of contacts across lifestyle and beauty publications
- Competent in working on integrated consumer communications campaigns and can devise and implement plans with creative flair
- Good understanding of relationship between PR and SEO
- Able to understand DA ratings and the need to drive value through PR
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Company pension scheme
- Onsite Doctor
- Employee discounts
- Company bonus scheme
- Childcare vouchers