Senior Network Engineer - UK2
THG is one of the fastest growing online retailers on the planet. We have over a decade of building and growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors, across over 140 markets. We specialise in creating brilliant digital brand experiences and we aim to be the World's leading Online Health & Beauty Destination. We are currently the UK's leading multi-website online retailer with rapidly growing global operations and we currently have over 16 million customers worldwide.
We are building a world-class business with global ambitions, a proprietary technology platform, and disruptive business model. Our culture is fast-paced and ambitious - we like to move twice as fast as you might think is possible. That's how the company operates, and it is part of the DNA that has led to our incredible growth. We have over 4,000 diverse, smart thinkers - our people are unquestionably our strength. Wherever in the world they are, whatever their role, we encourage our people to share the smart thinking, and give them the support to see their ideas made real. We have built an environment that empowers our people to achieve their full potential, creating innovative digital experiences that deliver results.
As part of our hyper growth we seek to hire and develop well-rounded, commercially astute, ambitious people that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and drive us forward.
About the division
UK2 @ THG
Backed by global giants KKR and Blackrock, The Hut Group’s acquisition of UK2 was a strategic opportunity to develop the existing proprietary technology platform behind our health and beauty brands. It also enhances the server infrastructure, programmatic development and platform security.
As veterans in the hosting industry, UK2 Group have been providing internet services on a global scale for over 15 years, pioneering the mass adoption of many breakthrough technologies. With experience which spans two decades, we have seen the online landscape alter beyond recognition, and have adapted our service offering in accordance with the rapid developments in hardware capabilities, data transfer speeds and global business demands.
We are seeking multiple experienced Network Engineers to help support a global company in multiple datacentres worldwide. This position is expected to assist in designing, deploying, maintaining, and troubleshooting advanced and complex IP networks in a service provider environment. The successful candidate must have knowledge and experience in theory and support of routing protocols including BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, GRE, and VPN technologies including IPSec and SSL. This position also requires stateful firewall support on Cisco ASA platforms. Experience designing and supporting cloud platforms with iSCSI and FCoE protocols is a bonus. On-call support is required on a rotational basis.
- Pro-actively monitor the Group Network infrastructure to ensure maximum uptime
- Participate in the design, testing and implementation of new hardware / software
- Own and manage technical operation projects
- Provide out of hours’ support for critical business impacting incidents
- Be a key part of defining the infrastructure roadmap for the future
- Organised, methodical and calm under pressure
- Passionate about networking and how it can contribute business value
- Attention to detail with the ability to build, maintain and diagnose networks with a focus on accuracy
- Self-starter who actively seeks out new ways to solve new and old problems
Skills and Experience:
- Routing protocols (OSPF, BGP)
- Network Services including DNS and DHCP
- In-depth knowledge of network security
- Cisco switching - Catalyst/Nexus
- 3rd line network support & troubleshooting
- Web Site Hosting and related technology, HTTP, SSL, Load Balancing
- Cisco ASA/Firepower, Fortigate Firewalls
- DDoS Mitigation/Protection
- Solarwinds Orion NPM
- Global CDN solutions
- Network Automation
- Citrix Netscaler or other application delivery controller (advanced load balancing)
- Cisco Unified Computing (UCS) Platform
- SSL cert management
- Cisco related qualification advantageous; CCNA/CCNP
- Other recognised network related qualifications.
What’s in it for you
- Competitive Salary, plus a bonus
- You’ll be joining a growing, intelligent team that will drive business change
- You’ll have the opportunity to make an impact within the team, applying the skills and methodologies you’ve learnt
- You’ll be working for a company with an excellent culture, in a friendly and fast paced environment
- You’ll be able to react to change with backing from the business
- You'll have the opportunity to solve complex business/technical problems