Graduate Network/Dev Ops Engineer
The Hut Group aims to be the World’s leading Online Health & Beauty Destination. We are currently the UK’s leading multi-website online retailer with rapidly growing global operations and a unique proprietary technology platform. With over 16 million customers worldwide and 400 million visits to our sites annually, we understand the importance of reliable technology and a data-driven expertise.
Our software is the core of our business and enables the company to continue to grow and thrive. The Group’s industry leading and proprietary technology platform powers its own consumer sites plus global media partners and brand owners, including: Unilever, Nintendo and the Daily Mail Group. We develop all of our own applications in-house with our Development Delivery Teams. In order to enable our Delivery Teams to continue to achieve, we are always looking for bright and intellectual people who are happy to push boundaries and really challenge the status quo.
Led by world-class technologists with a diverse range of backgrounds ranging from Silicon Valley tech giants (Google, Amazon) through to Hedge funds and Algorithmic Trading Firms. You will be surrounded by highly intellectual and passionate colleagues, all with the common goal to help us grow this business globally, fast.
All of these factors combine to create a seriously compelling career opportunity for the very best talent. We seek bright, motivated and ambitious talent who can really help scale our business – In return we offer unprecedented career, leadership fast track opportunities and top of market compensation.
The Networks team is an integral part of The Hut Group’s infrastructure team, delivering mission critical services to the business to provide our customers with the highest levels of service and reliability. The team is responsible and accountable for the Group’s network infrastructure including routers, firewalls, switches, and load balancers.
This role requires the ability to manage workload between BAU and project work. Previous experience in an ecommerce, gaming or web hosting company would be very advantageous.
- Pro-actively monitor the Group Network infrastructure to ensure maximum uptime
- Participate in the design, testing and implementation of new hardware / software
- Identifying automation opportunities.
- Working with the existing team to automate existing tasks.
- Innovate new network management solutions.
- Fill the gap between development teams and network teams.
- Work with cutting edge tech, being the first in industry to identify new solutions.
- Solve complex large scale enterprise networking problems with software.
- Own and manage technical operation projects
- Provide out of hours’ support for critical business impacting incidents
- Be a key part of defining the infrastructure roadmap for the future
- Organised, methodical and calm under pressure
- Constant desire to further network knowledge
- Passionate about networking and how it can contribute to business value
- Attention to detail with the ability to build, maintain and diagnose networks with a focus on accuracy
- Self-starter who actively seeks out new ways to solve new and old problems
Experience supporting/implementing routing protocols (OSPF, BGP)
Network Services including DNS and DHCP
Knowledge of network security concepts
Cisco switching, VLAN’s, Port channels
1st/2nd line network support & troubleshooting
Load balancer experience
- Using and maintaining network monitoring tools
- Network Automation
- Competitive salaries plus discounts, benefits and our Bonus Scheme
- Real responsibility from the start of your career at THG
- You’ll have the opportunity to make an impact within the team, applying the skills and methodologies you’ve learnt
- You’ll be working for a company with an excellent culture, in a friendly and fast paced environment
- You’ll be able to react to change with backing from the business
- You'll have the opportunity to solve complex business/technical problems