Senior HR (People) Advisor
Senior HR (People) Advisor
Based Warrington (Burtonwood)
THG is one of the world’s fastest growing and largest online retailers. We have over a decade of experience building and growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors, in over 160 markets. We create brilliant digital brand experiences and our in-house team design, develop and build a bespoke proprietary technology platform that is used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide. With a world-class business, a proprietary technology platform, and disruptive business model, our ambition is to be the global digital leader.
Our culture is fast-paced and ambitious – we like to move twice as fast others believe to be possible. This belief is a fundamental part of the DNA that has supported our incredible growth. Our people are our strength and we have over 4,000 diverse, smart thinkers across the globe who are encouraged to think creatively and empowered to turn their ideas into actions.
To support our ambitious growth, we are looking for commercially astute, ambitious individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and play a part in driving the Group forward on its truly exciting journey.
THG's primary focus is health, beauty, prestige and nutrition related consumer goods. The company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare, ESPA and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.
Operations is at the heart of our customers’ experience here at THG. We manufacture a wide range of sports nutrition and cosmetic consumer goods that we then despatch to our customers in over 200 countries worldwide from our purpose built, innovative Manufacturing and Distribution Centres.
THG is looking to recruit an Senior HR (People) Advisor to join the team that provides a professional HR support service to the distribution, warehousing and manufacturing areas of the business.
The Senior Advisor will report into the THG Head of HR, and support them in key areas including employee relations cases, data analysis and project work plus support the wider group with HR related activities.
- To lead the team on the management of casework, robustly, in all areas of business ensuring correct procedures and guidelines are adhered to.
- To co-ordinate the activity of the People Team to ensure best practice at all times
- To develop coach and support the People Team to ensure high standards and performance levels. Manage performance and act as the initial point of escalation.
- Provide specialist People Advice in complex cases in relation to People policy, practices and procedures, complex T&Cs employee relations matters, lifecycle events, performance management and reward & benefits.
- Support line managers with the management of high risk ER cases by advising, influencing and coaching on how to proceed following best practice and ensuring compliance with employment law ensuring the appropriate advice is being given by the People Advisors.
- Provide policy, practice and procedural coaching and advice to the People Team to develop individual competence and overall service delivery which will highlight strengths and weaknesses of the individual team members.
- Provide absence cover for the Head of People Advisory as required.
- Support the L & D Director in their efforts to continually improve the service delivery of People Operations.
- Provide hands on support to the People Operational teams e.g. at peak times.
- Ensure the People Teams work area is clean, secure and well maintained at all times.
- Lead through to successful completion adhoc projects as requested by Head of People Advisory.
- Collaboratively work with the Head Office People Team to ensure and maintain a high quality professional service communication and information exchange being a pivotal required.
- Handle complex/ high risk ER cases as escalated from our People Advisors.
- Provide proof-reading expertise to People team in the issue of all documents and correspondence
- Establish and implement effective and efficient People processes which ensure the highest level of service to the Group and to external parties
- To keep up to date with developments in employment legislation and people best practice, knowledge sharing within the team to ensure continuous development and improvement in the service offered
- Absence – produce monthly absence statistics to Depot Managers, and am confident in high lighting long term sickness and correct procedural practice, including detailed knowledge with Absence Policy and Procedure. Attending home visits and assisting with Occupational Health requests.
- People reports – extensive knowledge with the People system, able to write and create reports, and additional People pages. Provide adhoc reports to all members of management upon request and support the People Advisors.
- Extensive knowledge in Microsoft Office packages
- Take responsibility for personal performance and the development of personal skills to ensure the required skills, knowledge and competence to fulfil the role
- Encourage and promote the values of The Hut Group and to comply with the required standards of conduct and so promote the Group by acting with integrity and honesty
- Ensure that all work is completed in a priority basis, and work meets a high degree of professionalism, quality and craftsmanship
- To continually look for ways to develop and improve the People service that the team provides
Key Skills and Requirements
- For this role it is absolutely essential that you have experience managing a small team of HR professionals in manufacturing / warehousing / e-commerce plus experience managing complex HR cases.
- CIPD Qualified · with good working knowledge of current employment law
- Substantial generalist HR experience
- Strong understanding and respect for confidentiality
- Proactive with readiness to make decisions, take the initiative and originate action
- Thrives in a fast paced, challenging environment
- You should also be happy to commute to our Warrington Distribution Centre daily with some occasional visits to Head Office in Northwich
- You will need to be Flexible and adaptable
- Working Hours: Mon to Fri. The Warehouse operates 24/7 so you will need to be willing to start work early (4AM ) OR work late till 8PM one or two days each week so you can support the night shift staff.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Onsite Doctor
- Employee discounts
- Company bonus scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Company pension scheme