Graduate Front-End Developer
The Hut Group aims to be the World’s leading Online Health & Beauty Destination. We are currently the UK’s leading multi-website online retailer with rapidly growing global operations and a unique proprietary technology platform. With over 16 million customers worldwide and 400 million visits to our sites annually, we understand the importance of reliable technology and a data-driven expertise.
Our software is the core of our business and enables the company to continue to grow and thrive. The Group’s industry leading and proprietary technology platform powers its own consumer sites plus global media partners and brand owners, including: Unilever, Nintendo and the Daily Mail Group. We develop all of our own applications in-house with our Development Delivery Teams. In order to enable our Delivery Teams to continue to achieve, we are always looking for bright and intellectual people who are happy to push boundaries and really challenge the status quo.
Led by world-class technologists with a diverse range of backgrounds ranging from Silicon Valley tech giants (Google, Amazon) through to Hedge funds and Algorithmic Trading Firms. You will be surrounded by highly intellectual and passionate colleagues, all with the common goal to help us grow this business globally, fast.
All of these factors combine to create a seriously compelling career opportunity for the very best talent. We seek bright, motivated and ambitious talent who can really help scale our business – In return we offer unprecedented career, leadership fast track opportunities and top of market compensation.
Key skills/ experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Similar.
- Experience and good understanding of JS, CSS3 and HTML5.
- Understanding of browser and device testing and debugging.
- Knowledge of SCRUM practices and Agile methodologies.
- Firm understanding and experience of version control and how to manage project repositories.
- Understanding of web performance and optimisation.
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment.
- Working in a team and with stakeholders to deliver small change and/or project work to spec and to a high standard.
- Assure all code is written to a high standard and unit tested where applicable.
- Optimise the platform for maximum speed and scalability.
- Responsible for the delivery of new user-facing features.
- Contribute to the delivery of projects within your team.
- Assist and provide advice to less experienced members of staff in day to day tasks.
- Maintain high standards in all areas of individual output. Able to contribute to forming standards and conventions.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders. Able to articulate understandable responses to non-technical members of the business.
Competitive salaries plus discounts, benefits and bonuses
Leadership and development training throughout your career
An exciting, fast-paced working environment where you will work with and learn from the best in the business