National New Business Manager - ESPA
About The Hut Group:
THG is one of the world’s fastest growing and largest online retailers. We have over a decade of experience building and growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors, in over 160 markets. We create brilliant digital brand experiences and our in-house team design, develop and build a bespoke proprietary technology platform that is used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
With a world-class business, a proprietary technology platform, and disruptive business model, our ambition is to be the global digital leader.
Our culture is fast-paced and ambitious – we like to move twice as fast others believe to be possible. This belief is a fundamental part of the DNA that has supported our incredible growth. Our people are our strength and we have over 4,000 diverse, smart thinkers across the globe who are encouraged to think creatively and empowered to turn their ideas into actions.
To support our ambitious growth, we are looking for commercially astute, ambitious individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and play a part in driving the Group forward on its truly exciting journey.
This high profile, commercial sales role is fundamental to the development of ESPA new business within the UK and Ireland. You will be responsible for strategic research, qualifying, presenting and winning new business accounts in line with the company brand standards and set objectives thus ensuring the delivery of revenue and performance targets.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Develop a strong understanding of ESPA’s markets, customer needs and competition.
- Take a proactive approach to targeting top spa/hotel spa sites within the UK ensuring research is carried out in all areas of new business from hotels, health & fitness and day spa taking into consideration the ESPA brand position and integrity to existing accounts as agreed with The Sales Director.
- Research all new hotel and spa build opportunities and present an action plan to target highest profile sites.
- Deal with incoming sales enquiries from existing and potential new customers.
- Evaluate each business opportunity with respect to financial value, strategic fit cultural fit and risk profile.
- Create a new business strategic, critical path resulting in a sales pipeline required to achieve budgets set by the UK Sales Director
- Monitor and report performance of new business throughout the various stages of opening.
- Attend new business presentation meetings independently and when appropriate with key stake holders within the ESPA/THG business.
- Effectively negotiate at new business meetings to conclude a successful partnership.
- Develop and present bespoke business proposals and quotes to meet the needs of the new business.
- Efficiently and accurately complete the opening negotiations by acquiring agreement with the new business partner and completing the relevant contract in line with ESPA/THG processes.
- Maximise new sales revenue and optimise profitability by analysing statistics and monitoring performance.
- Manage and work with the New Business Executive ensuring that all new openings are fully immersed into the ESPA brand once they have been handed over. This will include establishing ESPA standards of operation, ordering patterns and that the ESPA branding is strongly and appropriately represented across the new business channel.
- Report sales figures etc. in line with ESPA’s procedures
- Attend and participate in all regular Sales meetings and conference calls throughout the year
- Support company induction programme by allowing new ESPA staff to shadow as required
- Ensure that all company expenses and expenditure are presented for approval monthly
- Ensure that company guidelines such as personal use of mobile phone, use of mobile phone whilst driving, health and safety and personal safety issues are followed
- Liaise in a professional, efficient and proactive manner with all ESPA colleagues and client requests / enquiries
- To take on ad-hoc projects as requested by Director off Sales - UK
- Undertake relevant personal development as required.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver sales, profit and market share goals from a national perspective within the skincare and beauty industry
- Vast and varied knowledge across all business types and competitive companies
- Strong and effective communication and presentation skills across all organisational levels are key
- Ability to work under pressure to deliver on monthly and annual targets
- A proactive self-starter with new business development and commercial experience with an in-depth knowledge of ESPA products and treatments, ideally through experience within an ESPA spa or salon at management level
- Highly motivated passionate enthusiastic professional with a strong commercial acumen who is results driven with the ability to work independently or within a team
- Good networker with the ability to influence a range of stakeholders at all levels and cross-functionally across the organisation both internally and consumer facing
- Strong team player across the business with a proven ability to lead and motivate teams to deliver the exceptional
- Flexible attitude towards changing goals and business requirements
- Full clean driving license