Commercial Marketing Manager - Beauty
About The Hut Group:
THG is one of the world’s fastest growing and largest online retailers. We have over a decade of experience building and growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors, in over 160 markets. We create brilliant digital brand experiences and our in-house team design, develop and build a bespoke proprietary technology platform that is used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
With a world-class business, a proprietary technology platform, and disruptive business model, our ambition is to be the global digital leader.
Our culture is fast-paced and ambitious – we like to move twice as fast others believe to be possible. This belief is a fundamental part of the DNA that has supported our incredible growth. Our people are our strength and we have over 4,000 diverse, smart thinkers across the globe who are encouraged to think creatively and empowered to turn their ideas into actions.
To support our ambitious growth, we are looking for commercially astute, ambitious individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and play a part in driving the Group forward on its truly exciting journey.
Lookfantastic is Europe’s No1 Online Destination for Premium Beauty. Our mission is to empower people globally to look and feel fantastic every day. To enable us to do this we have offices across the UK, Europe, America and Australia filled with passionate beauty fanatics who are committed to delivering rapid growth in this exciting industry. We work with over 800 of the world’s greatest beauty brands such as MAC, Kerastase, GHD, Tom Ford and YSL to bring our customers the widest offering of beauty products from around the globe. Passion, innovation and commitment are key characteristics in this ever expanding team as we strive to become the Worlds No1 Online.
- Each brand marketing manager will engage with marketing and sales teams from 50-100 of our beauty brands.
- Brand Marketing Managers sit across the retail commercial function of the group; working with the Buying, Trading, Channel Marketing, Design and IT teams on a daily basis to execute their funded campaigns, which will give any candidate an incredible foundation in Retail/eCommerce within all disciplines.
- Successful candidates will exude an entrepreneurial spirit and have a good balance of be creative and commercial skills.
- They must be exceptionally presentable; as they will be ambassadors for the Hut Group’s growing portfolio of premium, luxury and Lifestyle retail brands.
- Prospecting – Identifying new inventory sales drivers, and new investment clients, whilst maintaining and uplifting current supplier revenue streams.
- Pipeline management – Understand the sales lifecycle for a product set and manage clients through the pipeline. Effective management of this process will help maximise sales and deliver more accurate forecasting.
- Commercial negotiation – Deal closing and negotiation skills. The role will involve commercial negotiation and legal contract negotiation. Proven closing skills are a requirement.
- Effective handover into production and account management – managing the transition of the client into the campaign production phase. Campaign management throughout.
- Pitch Work - working with art editorial to generate sales pitch materials including mock-ups, tests, prototypes, etc. honing the sales messaging for clients.
- Sales Messaging and Materials – The role will require input into the sales materials and messaging that is being generated to make sure that it is maximising the conversion to sale. Places the customer at the heart of every deal, to bring a dual win of added value shopping experience to the customer, and incremental revenue to the group.
- Reporting and Forecasting – delivery of accurate category forecasts and reports as required by management.
- Organised, driven, proactive and self motivated –Managing the end-to-end sales process is a requirement. Organisation, time management, and attention to detail will be critical to deliver success. Understanding how many prospects need to be generated to deliver against the targets and maximising the conversion rate through the sales process is a key responsibility.
- Events: Leading on end to end management of events including trade shows and exhibitions
• Experienced sales professional
• Proven end-to-end sales skills – prospecting, pipeline management, closing, negotiation
• Self-starter and self-motivated
• A highly presentable brand ambassador
• Digitally literate
• Effective communication and presenting skills, both face-to-face and written.
• Detail and process oriented
• Proven ability to meet targets
• Proven experience translating technology feature sets into business benefits