Supplier Quality Assurance Manager
Role: Supplier Quality Assurance Manager
THG is one of the world’s fastest growing and largest online retailers. We have over a decade of experience building and growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors, in over 160 markets. We create brilliant digital brand experiences and our in-house team design, develop and build a bespoke proprietary technology platform that is used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide. With a world-class business, a proprietary technology platform, and disruptive business model, our ambition is to be the global digital leader.
Our culture is fast-paced and ambitious – we like to move twice as fast others believe to be possible. This belief is a fundamental part of the DNA that has supported our incredible growth. Our people are our strength and we have over 4,000 diverse, smart thinkers across the globe who are encouraged to think creatively and empowered to turn their ideas into actions.
To support our ambitious growth, we are looking for commercially astute, ambitious individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and play a part in driving the Group forward on its truly exciting journey.
THG’s primary focus is health, beauty, prestige and sports nutrition related consumer goods. The company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.
THG is looking to recruit a Supplier Quality Assurance Manager for My Protein. The SQA Manager will form an integral part of the manufacturing management team. The primary objective of the role is to coordinate and conduct the assessments of all raw material suppliers and contract manufacturers, centred on ensuring strict compliance to quality standards and legality to form a robust due diligence defence and business protection.
- Create international guidelines for approval in relation to food safety and quality; ensure that these standards are implemented and maintained at all suppliers
- Develop, implement and maintain a comprehensive risk management strategy for the international food safety and quality approval program including programs to minimize and control key international and regional risks and possess the flexibility to support the business for all potential crisis needs.
- Drive improvements in supply base through complaint reduction projects.
- Manage the development protocols for food risk and act as the international contact person for key incidents; coordinate and supervise necessary follow up actions.
- The maintenance of supplier assurance via a Vendor Rating System, Supplier Approval and Auditing Procedure(s) and Supplier Assurance Audit.
- The maintenance of an approved suppliers list/database linked vendor appraisal system to food safety, quality and due diligence systems i.e. complaints, NCR's, Technical contacts, products within approved site, risk category.
- Create guidelines for approval of services in relation to food safety and quality in regard to the stated BRC Section 3.5.3; ensure that these standards are implemented and maintained
- Create guidelines for approval of suppliers in relation to ethical and environmental compliance as stated in ISO14001 and in-house/customer ethical policies.
- Ongoing raw material specification review encompassing HACCP, Legality, process, Quality in conjunction with the Specifications Manager.
- Advise on continual improvement of receipt quality assurance criteria and testing.
- Establishment of an annual supplier performance review in conjunction with the Purchasing Manager, NPD Management and Technical Management.
- Support mitigation projects and introduction of new raw materials into the business by ensuring legality, safety and quality of new raw material into the business.
- Site technical support as required in support of the Technical and Quality Managers.
- Knowledge or self-motivation to understand Raw Material process from field to fork
- Manage the Supplier Quality Assurance team
To be considered for this role you will need to have
- Degree level qualification in Chemistry, Food Science, Microbiology, or other relevant scientific discipline.
- Interest or previous experience in Supplier Quality Assurance in food manufacturing and food supply chains
- Competent user of Microsoft Office especially Excel for data analysis
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Capable of motivating and leading a team
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Onsite Doctor
- Employee discounts
- Company bonus scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Company pension scheme