Role Site Lead
About The Hut Group:
THG is one of the world’s fastest growing and largest online retailers. We have over a decade of experience building and growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors, in over 160 markets. We create brilliant digital brand experiences and our in-house team design, develop and build a bespoke proprietary technology platform that is used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide. With a world-class business, a proprietary technology platform, and disruptive business model, our ambition is to be the global digital leader.
Our culture is fast-paced and ambitious – we like to move twice as fast others believe to be possible. This belief is a fundamental part of the DNA that has supported our incredible growth. Our people are our strength and we have over 4,000 diverse, smart thinkers across the globe who are encouraged to think creatively and empowered to turn their ideas into actions.
To support our ambitious growth, we are looking for commercially astute, ambitious individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and play a part in driving the Group forward on its truly exciting journey.
THG's primary focus is health, beauty, prestige and nutrition related consumer goods. The company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare, ESPA and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.
Operations is at the heart of customer experience here at The Hut Group, shipping to consumers worldwide from our Distribution Centres. Due to rapid growth, we are opening a new warehouse in Melbourne in Q1 2019 to enable us to deliver our amazing range of goods more efficiently to our Australian customers.
THG is looking to recruit a Site Lead, with experience setting up new large-scale retail distribution sites, to effectively manage customer fulfilment (inbound and outbound) operations and the teams that look after value added services, B2B operations, and operational excellence at our state of the art Fulfilment Centre in Melbourne.
The Site Lead will report to the Global Director of Operations and will be responsible for Site strategy and delivery. You will be required to oversee fulfilment for all customer orders for your region by effectively managing the entire site across all THG brands via the relevant teams.You will be responsible for the day to day running of the site which will include:
- Ensuring that all staff on site can operate in a safe working environment
- Planning future capacity requirements for both headcount plus inventory for both peak periods and off peak.
- Responsible for continuous improvements in our operation which will include further automation and innovation.
- Overseeing operations to ensure fulfilment (inbound and outbound) are all operating at maximum efficiency and quality
- To deliver and exceed performance plans as agreed in annual budgets, including Profit & Loss, Operating costs and Stock targets
- To improve site contribution through control of Labour, Packaging and overheads and the delivery of efficiency improvement targets and cost reduction programmes
- Support the development of appropriate systems and procedures to improve and sustain site Quality of service.
- Lead the Operations Team and develop and motivate your direct reports to ensure they achieve their personal goals in line with business objectives
- Manage the daily / weekly / annual PI counts ensuring that they are completed in line with finance and operation schedule
- Work with technology division and operations team to further develop and effectively improve our warehouse management system
- Identify key members of the team for development, by matching people and opportunities to promote succession planning
- Ensuring that standards for fulfilment are not just maintained but continually improved and that cost-effective technology is used to maximize output and reduce cycle times.
- Ongoing investment management – ensure that all fixed assets are maintained and preserved and that safety standards are world class.
To be considered for this role you should have
Experience managing and setting up operations in an automated fulfilment / e-commerce / FMCG distribution environment
Experience of P&L with a strong understanding of setting budgets and operational plans
Good track record managing, leading, motivating and driving large teams
Ability to make decisions under pressure, solve problems in a calm and efficient manner and to prioritise effectively
Excellent interpersonal skills and the confidence to articulate clearly and to influence/ challenge key stakeholders within the business.
You will also need to have a strong commercial awareness, ability to manage finances and balance cost versus quality
Awareness of Health and Safety Regulations
Experience with performance metrics, process improvement, and Lean techniques
Flexibility and ability to work weekends and/or overnight shifts as required
Competitive salaries plus discounts, benefits and quarterly bonuses
Leadership and Development training throughout your career
An exciting, fast-paced working environment where you will work with and learn from the best in the business