Senior Operations Manager - Melbourne
Senior Operations Manager - Melbourne
About The Hut Group:
THG is one of the world’s fastest growing and largest online retailers. We have over a decade of experience building and growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors, in over 160 markets. We create brilliant digital brand experiences and our in-house team design, develop and build a bespoke proprietary technology platform that is used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide. With a world-class business, a proprietary technology platform, and disruptive business model, our ambition is to be the global digital leader.
Our culture is fast-paced and ambitious – we like to move twice as fast others believe to be possible. This belief is a fundamental part of the DNA that has supported our incredible growth. Our people are our strength and we have over 4,000 diverse, smart thinkers across the globe who are encouraged to think creatively and empowered to turn their ideas into actions.
To support our ambitious growth, we are looking for commercially astute, ambitious individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and play a part in driving the Group forward on its truly exciting journey.
THG's primary focus is health, beauty, prestige and nutrition related consumer goods. The company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare, ESPA and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.
Operations is at the heart of customer experience here at The Hut Group, shipping to consumers worldwide from our Distribution Centres. Due to rapid growth, we are opening a new warehouse in Melbourne in Q1 2019 to enable us to deliver our amazing range of goods more efficiently to our Australian customers.
THG is looking to recruit a Senior Operations Manager with significant leadership experience, to manage and lead around 8 Team Leaders and c. 100 operatives. You have strong analytical abilities and proven track records in operations. You report directly to the Site Lead.
You will be required to
- Lead and direct of up to four shifts and Team Leaders who will manage c 100 staff working across a fulfilment environment
- Own departmental performances to standard
- Reviewing work forecasts and determine resource required to meet the objectives
- Working with Site Lead and Team Leaders to ensure efficient and effective resource allocation and work flow
- Maintaining cost and efficiencies associated with their area and reporting weekly on performance
- Work with the Learning and Development team to ensure that all staff involved in inbound and outbound operations receive training so that they can all operate safely, efficiently and deliver an excellent quality customer experience
- Supporting Team Leaders where required with compliance in safety, people and performance processes
- Mentoring and supporting team leaders
- Identifying key members of the team for development to promote succession planning
- Covering for Site Lead at times of absence or holiday.
- Will be required to adhere to THG’s Health and Safety and Information security policies and procedures
To be considered for this role you will need to have:
- At least 5 years People Management experience within distribution background
- Excellent business judgment, able to step back and look at long term vision for the department growth, whilst managing day to day operations.
- Be resourceful, able to manage ambiguity and prepared to get involved if needed
- Thrive on change, inclined to operate with flexibility and commit the time required to get the job done. Ability to cope with an environment that’s operational 24/7.
- Flexible and willing to work weekends / shift patterns where required.
- Good understanding of H & S regulations and HR processes
Competitive salaries plus discounts, benefits and quarterly bonuses
Leadership and Development training throughout your career
An exciting, fast-paced working environment where you will work with and learn from the best in the business