Head of Buying - Beauty
About The Hut Group:
THG is one of the world’s fastest growing and largest online retailers. We have over a decade of experience building and growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors, in over 160 markets. We create brilliant digital brand experiences and our in-house team design, develop and build a bespoke proprietary technology platform that is used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
With a world-class business, a proprietary technology platform, and disruptive business model, our ambition is to be the global digital leader.
Our culture is fast-paced and ambitious – we like to move twice as fast others believe to be possible. This belief is a fundamental part of the DNA that has supported our incredible growth. Our people are our strength and we have over 4,000 diverse, smart thinkers across the globe who are encouraged to think creatively and empowered to turn their ideas into actions.
To support our ambitious growth, we are looking for commercially astute, ambitious individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and play a part in driving the Group forward on its truly exciting journey.
About the Division - Core Beauty:
Lookfantastic is Europe’s No1 Online Destination for Premium Beauty. Our mission is to empower people globally to look and feel fantastic every day. To enable us to do this we have offices across the UK, Europe, America and Australia filled with passionate beauty fanatics who are committed to delivering rapid growth in this exciting industry. We work with over 800 of the world’s greatest beauty brands such as MAC, Kerastase, GHD, Tom Ford and YSL to bring our customers the widest offering of beauty products from around the globe. Passion, innovation and commitment are key characteristics in this ever expanding team as we strive to become the Worlds No1 Online.
About the Role:
Reporting in to the Beauty Buying Director, you will be responsible for:
- Managing the supply base to maximise sales and margins, developing the ranges and driving continual growth
- P&L management of allocated brands
- Liaising with the trading teams to make sure all products, ranges and promotions are planned and presented correctly
- Stock management through pricing and promotion, utilising our replenishment model to drive availability
- Recruiting new Beauty brands on to THG’s beauty sites
- Developing promotional plans and obtaining optimal space onsite, on emails and through affiliate partners
- Negotiating optimum trading terms with new and existing suppliers
- Completing regular competitor analysis to ensure our ranges and prices are in line with the current market
- Coaching and developing team members to reach their full potential within the business
- Reviewing and evaluating the effectiveness of promotions, taking appropriate action where necessary
- Being the brand specialist. Develop, implement and deliver brand plans including range reviews, promotions and pricing ensuring consistency with commercial strategy
- Degree qualified
- Experienced Buyer in the Beauty sector with a track record of management and delivery
- Experience in managing and partnering with big brands
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Commercially focused
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Company pension scheme
- Onsite Doctor
- Employee discounts
- Company bonus scheme
- Childcare vouchers