Infrastructure Engineer (Windows)
The Senior Windows Server Engineer is a key member of the Infrastructure team; responsible for the operation and maintenance of the group’s ecommerce, public, and private cloud platforms and test/dev environments.
As a Senior Windows Server Engineer, you will be part of a team that owns and operates all Windows server environments and systems across all THG sites globally, including public hosted environments. You will be responsible for the architecture of new and existing environments and the replacement/upgrade of environments whilst maintaining the highest levels of uptime and reliability.
The role would be suited to someone with experience in a senior engineer role. Previous experience in ecommerce or hosting would be advantageous.
The role requires in depth knowledge of, and a solid background in, Windows Server technologies with the ability to prioritise and work under your own initiative. You will need to analyse both existing and newly acquired estates with a view to streamlining and improving them.
This role requires the ability to manage priorities, escalations, BAU and project work.
- Architecture, deployment, configuration, automation, and management of all Windows systems and services
- Ensuring availability of the group platform and services
- Provide day to day support to the business at a 3rd line level
- Provide support to 2nd line teams where required
- Mentor other members of the team, including knowledge transfer
- Provide on-call support out of hours
- Windows Server 2012/2016
- Automation through scripting and orchestration workflows
- Microsoft Active Directory design in a global, multi forest, multi domain organisation including strong GPO knowledge
- Windows DNS & DHCP design
- Windows Server Update Services design
- Windows Domain security best practice
- Strong PowerShell scripting
- Windows Server 2012/2016 Failover Clustering in physical and virtual environments
- Windows Network Policy Server
- Windows Server 2012 Remote Desktop Services
- Strong architectural, process, and policy documentation
- Understanding of controlled change process and risk analysis
- Basic LAN and WAN Networking
- Ofice365 Administration
- MCSA/MCSE or equivalent qualification