Engineering and Facilities Manager
Engineering and Facilities Manager
Location Shephersdville, Kentucky
The Hut Group:
THG (The Hut Group)’ s primary focus is health, beauty, prestige and sports nutrition consumer goods. The company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, ESPA, Illamasqua, Grow Gorgeous, Mamma Mio, Mio Skincare, Glossybox, Idealshape, Idealfit and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.
Founded & headquartered in the United Kingdom, THG also has operations in the U.S., in Continental Europe (Poland), and is also expanding into Asia and Australia. Our purpose-built, climate-controlled, manufacturing and fulfilment centre in Shepherdsville, KY facility has now been open for around two years with plans for further expansion in the U.S.
THG is looking to recruit a Site Engineering and Facilities Manager to lead the site Engineering and Facilities team in Kentucky, providing both a reactive and pro-active, multi-skilled maintenance service on all operational equipment and facilities infrastructure within a combined manufacturing and fulfilment facility. This role reports to the Group Head of Engineering and Facilities.
- To promote health and safety awareness for all personnel inclusive of contractors, compliance with all THG polices and guidelines and ensure appropriate risk assessments and working systems are in place.
- To ensure all Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) is completed safely, cost effectively, on time and to a satisfactory standard.
- Create and manage Engineering and Facilities budgets for the site, both capital and operational.
- To lead and manage capital investment projects in conjunction with the group technical engineering team and project management; ensuring projects are delivered safely, to the correct quality, on-time and to budget.
- To provide a service that ensures all mechanical and electrical equipment is running to its optimum performance and that all departmental SLA’s and KPI’s are met; manage and react in a timely manner to equipment outage.
- To maximise availability of all mechanical and electrical equipment through continuous improvement and improve equipment efficiencies and reduce costs through initiatives such as RCM, CBM, life cycle analysis, FMEA etc.
- To ensure adequate resources, equipment and people, are in place to meet operational needs; including scheduling of shift patterns for the team and purchasing equipment so that spare levels are met and maintained.
- Represent the Engineering & Facilities department in all site and Group meetings
- Produce weekly reports, metrics and performance of the site and team.
- Performance management of all Engineering & Facilities team members for the site.
- Recruit personnel; create training and development plans for team, including Apprentices and Graduates.
- To ensure waste management and environmental policies are applied to ensure minimal impact on local environment and compliance with environmental legislation.
- Ensure all relevant Statutory Compliance is current, recorded, updated and maintained for the site
To be considered for this role you should have the following Qualifications / Experience:
- Engineering Degree or similar or served a full engineering indentured apprenticeship
- Minimum 5 years site Engineering and Facilities Management and leadership experience
- Excellent communication skills, will challenge in positive manner and promote team working
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving techniques
- Autonomy and self-drive to deliver and succeed
- Continuous Improvement and Innovation, prioritise in fast a paced environment
- Knowledge and experience of PPM strategy, improvement techniques and tools
- Lean and TPM awareness
Very competitive Benefits Package-
- Generous Paid Time Off, up to 150 hours per year
- Medical, Dental, Vision, life insurance & Short/Long Term Disability. 30 day waiting period for benefits
- Company pays up to 90% of insurance premiums
- 9 paid holidays
- Your birthday off, paid after 1 year of service.
- 401K with up to 4% company match. 100% vested from day one
- Awesome Employee discounts on our websites
- Employee Referral bonus program up to $100 per referral
- Climate Controlled
- Excellent growth & advancement opportunities
- Short 20-minute commute from Louisville and Elizabethtown