Warehouse Operations Manager
The Hut Group is seeking an Operations Manager who can lead our organization with smooth efficient activities related to success of the warehouse. The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall success of the inbound, kitting and inventory teams. Our Operations Manager will have a demonstrated ability of being highly effective in creating a vision that supports a positive team member culture through hands-on leadership and engagement.
Who we are & what we do:
The Hut Group (THG.com) is one of the world’s fastest growing eCommerce companies, utilizing our proprietary technology platform to successfully manage 140 global websites, intensely focused on the Sports Nutrition & Beauty markets with internationally recognized websites such as Myprotein.com, Idealshape.com, Idealfit.com, Skinstore.com, Glossybox.com and Popinabox.com just to name a few.
Founded & headquartered in the United Kingdom, THG now has global operations in the U.S. and Europe, as well as is expanding into Asia and Australia. As we soon complete our second year of operations in our new Shepherdsville, KY climate-controlled manufacturing and fulfillment facility, further aggressive U.S. expansion plans are already underway for the upcoming year.
Job Description Operations Manager:
The Inbound Manager is a key member of the leadership team, responsible for overseeing all aspects of the warehouse operations focused on receiving and inventory departments. You will have the opportunity to lead inbound operations across multiple shifts with in The Hut Group. You will be responsible for leading, developing and engaging a team of exceptional leaders and their team of hourly associates.
Key responsibilities Operations Manager:
- Leading and developing a team of 2-3 Operations Supervisors with 100-200 hourly associates.
- Acting as a primary information source for the team, maintaining compliance and consistency, taking corrective action when needed.
- Leading an efficient and successful operation while mitigating any barriers to success.
- Monitoring and ensuring facility key performance indicators (KPI) are met in a timely and cost-effective manner to maintain profitability and productivity.
- Creating, communicating and maintaining quality control policies and standard work procedures to operations supervisors and associates.
- Partnering with engineering to implement and maintain proper layout of the warehouse and product placement.
- Building and delivering productivity plans by reviewing forecasts, determining productivity requirements to balance labour.
- Effectively manage the budget and P&L of the operation.
- Ensuring the physical condition of warehouse and equipment are properly maintained.
- Addressing complaints and resolving issues.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years management experience in distribution.
- Experience with warehouse management systems preferred.
- You pride yourself in leading other leaders; you have direct experience managing front-line supervisors and have been responsible for supporting their performance and their associates.
- You have the ability to thrive in a fast paced, always changing environment and when given a deadline you know how to motivate yourself, your managers and associates to meet it.
Very competitive Benefits Package-
- 9 paid holidays
- Your birthday off, paid after 1 year of service.
- 401K with up to 4% company match. 100% vested from day one
- Awesome Employee discounts on our websites
- Employee Referral bonus program up to $100 per referral
- Climate Controlled
- Excellent growth & advancement opportunities
- Short 20-minute commute from Louisville and Elizabethtown