Merchandising Planner - Beauty Brands
About The Hut Group
THG is one of the world’s fastest growing and largest online retailers. We have over a decade of experience building and growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors, in over 160 markets. We create brilliant digital brand experiences and our in-house team design, develop and build a bespoke proprietary technology platform that is used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
With a world-class business, a proprietary technology platform, and disruptive business model, our ambition is to be the global digital leader.
Our culture is fast-paced and ambitious – we like to move twice as fast others believe to be possible. This belief is a fundamental part of the DNA that has supported our incredible growth. Our people are our strength and we have over 4,000 diverse, smart thinkers across the globe who are encouraged to think creatively and empowered to turn their ideas into actions.
To support our ambitious growth, we are looking for commercially astute, ambitious individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and play a part in driving the Group forward on its truly exciting journey.
About the Division
Lookfantastic is Europe’s No1 Online Destination for Premium Beauty. Our mission is to empower people globally to look and feel fantastic every day. To enable us to do this we have offices across the UK, Europe, America and Australia filled with passionate beauty fanatics who are committed to delivering rapid growth in this exciting industry. We work with over 800 of the world’s greatest beauty brands such as MAC, Kerastase, GHD, Tom Ford and YSL to bring our customers the widest offering of beauty products from around the globe. Passion, innovation and commitment are key characteristics in this ever expanding team as we strive to become the Worlds No1 Online.
About the Role
We are looking for a Merchandising Planner to join at a time of rapid growth in the USA. We need passionate and ambitious people who love a challenge. As a planner you will know all there is to know about merchandising, working alongside our Buying and Trading teams supporting in the availability of our brands across our beauty websites. You will also be:
- Providing seasonal forecasts to optimise sales and profits
- Reviewing processes and procedures on an ongoing basis to ensure they are fit for purpose as the business grows.
- Preparing weekly and monthly sales reports, and interpreting and communicating this information to the team
- Identifying best and worst sellers, patterns in popular styles, sales by channel to help plan the range and appropriately allocate budget to new styles
- Extrapolate the in-season trading forecasts, and manage in season OTB/Trading for global markets and including an awareness of trading international markets
- Manage weekly stock and intake to department targets whilst still maximising availability to agreed targets
- Leading departmental critical path meetings
- Produce range information and trading information to share with the clothing business on scalable ranges/collections and promotions
- Forecasting sales at SKU level, using sales history, lost sales calculations and future business plans to prepare order quantities and ensure stock is ordered in timely fashion, and out of stocks are avoided
- Working closely with warehouse to arrange reporting and resolve stock issues
- Providing data for management accounts and assisting in production of annual budgets
- Checking payments, invoices, delivery notes against packing lists & purchase orders
- Graduate in a relevant, commercial disciple e.g. Business, Economics, Maths etc
- Proven experience across merchandising and planning for consumer goods businesses
- High attention to detail
- Able to work to tight deadlines and deliver on business requirements