Head of Sales - Colour Cosmetics
About The Hut Group:
THG is one of the world’s fastest growing and largest online retailers. We have over a decade of experience building and growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors, in over 160 markets. We create brilliant digital brand experiences and our in-house team design, develop and build a bespoke proprietary technology platform that is used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
With a world-class business, a proprietary technology platform, and disruptive business model, our ambition is to be the global digital leader.
Our culture is fast-paced and ambitious – we like to move twice as fast others believe to be possible. This belief is a fundamental part of the DNA that has supported our incredible growth. Our people are our strength and we have over 4,000 diverse, smart thinkers across the globe who are encouraged to think creatively and empowered to turn their ideas into actions.
To support our ambitious growth, we are looking for commercially astute, ambitious individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and play a part in driving the Group forward on its truly exciting journey.
Purpose of Role: Build the brand strategy and strategic management of 3rd Party retail-partners across group-owned Health & Beauty brand-portfolio. Responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships at Buying level and optimising sales, margin and brand-visibility through successful management of the trading and promotional calendar with each account. The Head of Skincare role is targeted on sales-growth through specific strategic channels, namely; additional doors (within existing accounts), new partners, new markets and additional range, including new product launches.
Senior Account Management.
- Market Analysis, ensuring each brand is working with the ‘right’ partners to achieve overall brand-strategy, plus ‘new’ market entry strategy – key target doors.
- Range Review by-account, ensuring optimal range is represented in each approved stockist.
- Internal Forecasting, based on sales-history, agreed account-activity, product-launches and seasonal trend analysis.
- Strategic product (NPD) launch to accounts, ensuring optimal visibility through exclusivity or open-distribution.
- Leading and coaching a Junior Account Team across all Colour brands ensuring that we are fulfilling all partner expectations on stock, marketing, eventing and driving the business forward
Internal-Communication & Relationships.
- Develop effective working relationships internally, that will support optimal account performance and visibility via retail channel;
- Brand Team – close working relationship ensuring coherent strategy around new/ existing business and optimal visibility via 3rd Party marketing-channels.
- NPD – ensuring launch in to retail is visible and feedback around product/NPD is fed in to future launches, ensure accurate forecasting is complete and a strong sell in numbers to retail partners
- Supply Chain/Finance – close working relationship, ensuring free and timely flow of product.
- Buying Team – assisting in the management of excess stock and high-cover, utilising 3rd Party relationships to drive ad-hoc, strategic exit-plans.
- Legal – advisory relationship, ensuring optimal visibility of risk in new partners, including guidance around T&C’s and account set-up.
- Any other duties as outlined by the Group Head of Sales
External-Communication & Relationships.
Our Head of Skincare embodies the brands, an ambassador for the group in all external-meetings;
- Retail Partners;
- Direct relationships across Buying and Operational departments, facilitating intro’s to wider THG team where applicable (marketing, PR, Finance, etc).
- Building strategic long term partnerships with existing partners and seeking to build new relationships with new partners
- Delivering and ‘supporting’ training at Retail, utilising retailer resource where possible to scale any training investment.
- Managing and removing any barriers to free movement of stock.
- Strategically driving and identifying ad-hoc sales opportunities, within existing account-base, outside of ‘normal’ buying pattern, providing flexible sales-levers when needed.
- New Business Acquisition – targeting and negotiating new business opportunities.
- Any other duties as outlined by the Group Head of Sales.
Necessary Knowledge/Skills Experience:
- Attention to detail and strong organisational skills
- Team working and relationship building
- Proven analytical skills
- Proven negotiation skills
- Excel literate