Financial Controller Omega Warehouse
Location Warrington, UK
About The Hut Group:
THG is one of the world’s fastest growing and largest online retailers. We have over a decade of experience building and growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors, in over 160 markets. We create brilliant digital brand experiences and our in-house team design, develop and build a bespoke proprietary technology platform that is used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide. With a world-class business, a proprietary technology platform, and disruptive business model, our ambition is to be the global digital leader.THG's primary focus is health, beauty, prestige and nutrition related consumer goods. The company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare, ESPA and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.
Operations is at the heart of our customers’ experience here at THG. We manufacture a wide range of sports nutrition and cosmetic consumer goods that we then despatch to our customers in over 200 countries worldwide from our purpose built, innovative Manufacturing and Distribution Centres.
THG is looking to recruit a Financial Controller for our main distribution and manufacturing site in Warrington.
- Responsibility for the accuracy of all financial records of the Omega site in Warrington.
- Ensure the integrity of stock records and the valuation of stock holding in line with Group accounting practices.
- To aid the operational managers with resource planning to maximise headcount efficiency whilst ensuring that production requirements are met
- Work with teams to identify and develop efficiency improvements and change initiatives
- Production efficiency reviews driving OEE efficiencies
- Control and analysis of labour costs including collation & approval of payroll data for processing by payroll provider
- Control and analysis of fixed costs including monthly reconciliation of fixed headcount to plan.
- Group monthly financial reporting/presentation to various levels of the organisation in the UK of main KPI’s
- Control of any capital expenditure against budgeted spend.
- Weekly P&L (fulfilment and production costs) forecasting.
- Challenging team on performance via weekly meetings.
- Identifying gaps in and improving MI.
- Working with the Group finance function to ensure all statutory / regulatory compliance is adhered to.
- Manage the company annual budgeting process.
- Assisting through the facility with reporting and systems data.
- Handling supplier payment queries and approving invoices for payment.
- Acting as point of contact between Head Office finance team and the team on site.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Financial analyst with experience delivering financial reporting for logistics / manufacturing business.
- Confident communicator as this role will involve liaising with all levels of employees in different departments / disciplines
- An excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Access, PowerPoint and Excel (Understanding v-lookup, pivot and functions an advantage)
- Knowledge of SAGE X3 accounting software preferred
- If you are a Qualified accountant this would be beneficial.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Onsite Doctor
- Employee discounts
- Company bonus scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Company pension scheme