Health & Safety Manager
Health & Safety Manager
Location Shepherdsville, Kentucky
The Hut Group:
THG (The Hut Group)’ s primary focus is health, beauty, prestige and sports nutrition consumer goods. The company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, ESPA, Illamasqua, Grow Gorgeous, Mamma Mio, Mio Skincare, Glossybox, Idealshape, Idealfit and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.
Founded & headquartered in the United Kingdom, THG also has operations in the U.S., in Continental Europe (Poland), and is also expanding into Asia and Australia. Our purpose-built, climate-controlled, manufacturing and fulfilment centre in Shepherdsville, KY facility has now been open for around two years with plans for further expansion in the U.S.
THG is looking to recruit a Health & Safety Manager who will be responsible for safeguarding Health and Safety and ensuring compliance with workplace Health & Safety Regulations at our Distribution & Manufacturing Site in Kentucky. The successful candidate will be required to embed the foundations of safety across the site;
Never walk past an unsafe act or condition;
Safety first and foremost; and
Investigate all accidents and incidents.
You will be required to develop robust Health & Safety strategies and localise THG group policies for the Kentucky Site to ensure THG meets or exceeds statutory H & S requirements and provide a safe working environment for all our employees and also any contractors working on site.
You will be expected to put in place procedures to ensure that all Health & Safety policies and strategies are strictly adhered to and will need to monitor observance of these standards closely and deal swiftly and effectively with any issues or potential breaches of H & S policies.
You will be required to carry out regular checks to ensure that all staff working and any contractors working on the THG Kentucky site are capable of working without undue risk to their own health and safety or to that of others. You will need to ensure a proactive approach to safety and implement the group KPI.
You will be the main point of contact for any physical Health and Safety issues at the Kentucky site.
You will need to effectively communicate health & safety standards staff and contractors to ensure they understand what they are required to do to ensure the company is compliant with H & S regulations and policies.
You will report to the Group Head of Health & Safety and will be expected to provide regular updates in terms of KPIs measuring compliance of H & S and to flag and address any potential issues swiftly and effectively to ensure that no breaches occur.
This is a hands-on role where you will be required to play an active part in implementing policies and ensuring compliance.
To be considered for this opportunity you will effectively need to demonstrate that you have
- An excellent understanding of H & S regulations including relevant H & S qualifications
- Experience managing and ensuring compliance with H & S legislation
- Experience dealing with issues relating to H & S swiftly and effectively
- You will be based at the site in Kentucky.
Very competitive Benefits Package including -
- Medical, Dental, Vision, life insurance & Short/Long Term Disability. 30 day waiting period for benefits
- Company pays up to 90% of insurance premiums
- Your birthday off, paid after 1 year of service.
- 401K with up to 4% company match. 100% vested from day one
- Awesome Employee discounts on our websites
- Employee Referral bonus program up to $100 per referral
- Climate Controlled warehouse
- Excellent growth & advancement opportunities
- Short 20-minute commute from Louisville and Elizabethtown