Head of Group Financial Reporting
About The Hut Group:
THG is one of the world’s fastest growing and largest online retailers. We have over a decade of experience building and growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors, in over 160 markets. We create brilliant digital brand experiences and our in-house team design, develop and build a bespoke proprietary technology platform that is used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
With a world-class business, a proprietary technology platform, and disruptive business model, our ambition is to be the global digital leader.
Our culture is fast-paced and ambitious – we like to move twice as fast others believe to be possible. This belief is a fundamental part of the DNA that has supported our incredible growth. Our people are our strength and we have over 4,000 diverse, smart thinkers across the globe who are encouraged to think creatively and empowered to turn their ideas into actions.
To support our ambitious growth, we are looking for commercially astute, ambitious individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and play a part in driving the Group forward on its truly exciting journey.
About the Division:
Finance at THG is a rapidly growing and evolving team, covering all areas of finance from central functions such as accounts receivable and payable, treasury, tax and internal audit, to specific commercial teams for each of our divisions; Beauty, Tech, Consumer, Health and Brands. As the business expands and takes on new challenges in the form of acquired businesses or new ventures, finance is there to support every step of the way, leading to dynamic and challenging roles – no two days are the same! Common characteristics among our team are the ability to drive change, adaptability and resourcefulness, to ensure we can keep pace with the business, without compromising on financial control or sales performance.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Group Finance Director, The Hut Group is seeking to recruit a qualified, Head of Group Financial Reporting with experience in industry who will be responsible principally for the Group’s financial reporting both within the UK and overseas. This role will act as the group technical expert, ensuring all acquisition accounting is correct and that all corporate reporting requirements are met.
- Ownership of THG's Annual Financial Report
- Have a pivotal link into Financial Planning and Analysis and Investor Relations
- Supervise and support the financial close
- Lead the Group audit internally
- Ensure delivery of all subsidiary statutory accounts to a tight timescale
- Ensuring that relevant accounting standards are applied and the group is aware of upcoming technical changes
- Liaise with relevant internal accounting policy stakeholders
- Develop relationships across wider group to ensure accurate and timely reporting
- Research and analyse new accounting standards
- Oversee the preparation of Statutory and Regulatory Group Financial Statements completing this reporting to high levels of accuracy and maintaining adherence to the Financial Control Framework.
- Management of the annual audit process for the Group
- Preparation of judgemental papers for auditors
- Development of accounting systems and policies
- Participate in creating any new reporting and technical accounting requirements that arise out of new commercial or changed commercial agreements or products
- Define, analyse and interpret group Financial Management information in order to provide insightful analysis to senior management
- Assist in the integration of acquisitions into the Group’s financial systems
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified accountant, with at least three years PQE
- Proven, hands-on experience of management reporting in a large and complex business.
- Analytical, quick to grasp the fundamentals of a business and have strong communication skills.
- Ability to manage a high-volume workload in a fast-moving and changeable environment.
- A proactive attitude and desire to challenge the status quo
- An ability to build strong relationships with senior commercial management
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Company pension scheme
- Onsite Doctor
- Employee discounts
- Company bonus scheme
- Childcare vouchers