Packaging, Print and Artwork Co-Ordinator
About The Hut Group:
THG is one of the world’s fastest growing and largest online retailers. We have over a decade of experience building and growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors, in over 160 markets. We create brilliant digital brand experiences and our in-house team design, develop and build a bespoke proprietary technology platform that is used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
With a world-class business, a proprietary technology platform, and disruptive business model, our ambition is to be the global digital leader.
Our culture is fast-paced and ambitious – we like to move twice as fast others believe to be possible. This belief is a fundamental part of the DNA that has supported our incredible growth. Our people are our strength and we have over 4,000 diverse, smart thinkers across the globe who are encouraged to think creatively and empowered to turn their ideas into actions.
To support our ambitious growth, we are looking for commercially astute, ambitious individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and play a part in driving the Group forward on its truly exciting journey.
Overall Purpose of Role:
THG is looking to recruit a Packaging, Print and Artwork Co-ordinator tomanage the planning & delivery of all THG packaging production, ensuring compliance with relevant designs, packaging policies and brand guidelines including retail exclusives.Main Activities / Tasks:
The role will involve working cross functionally with artwork, design, packaging technical and THG print base to ensure the creative concepts are realised to the highest standards through print specification management and packaging supplier quality standards.
You will be required to:
- Collate all THG artwork briefs and ensure deliverables required are validated prior to being handed over to the artwork production team.
- Ensure all packaging regulations are adhered to alongside compliance and support the artwork and design functions in the creation of effective and useful style guides for each brand at sub-category level.
- Co-ordinate brand plan calendars alongside each brand/NPD team and ensure all launch timings are lean but realistic to achieve, chase all stakeholders to provide their required deliverables and highlight when this is impacting timings through top line reporting.
- Identify the most effective workflows required to expedite launch timings and manage these through the project management system, constantly reviewing with all teams inputting into this regularly to ensure improvements in ways of working are quickly identified and implemented.
- Manage all planned THG lines to deliver launches within agreed critical timelines and business priorities.
- Highlight to the business recommendations of launches to be pushed back and projects to be expedited along with supporting evidence and once agreed with senior team confirm the decision to all support functions
- Ensure all artworks are produced to correct brand/range guidelines liaising with the design & artwork teams.
- Create & Maintain style guides with the artwork team for all categories
- Deliver training & support for the project management system use
- Ensure FFU documents & process are utilised and available for all artwork briefs to identify recurring errors and provide solutions
- Work with the print base to obtain specifications & ensure all issues are resolved ahead of artwork briefs in relation to new printers or new profiles supporting the team to deliver
- Deliver improvements in all areas of packaging and process to improve speed, timings, ways of working etc.
- Manage business priorities with internal teams to deliver projects on time and prioritise workload for Design, Artwork, Packaging Technical, Compliance and Production
- Forecast & plan periods of peak workload with recommended action to the business e.g. spend more, overtime etc
- Implement and manage artwork KPIs for approval
- Record and report on all artworks exceeding Action B and implement solutions to reduce Action Cs and above
- Ensure range checks & post launch wash up meetings are organised with the teams and that action for improvement is delivered
- Deliver all packaging coordinator role related training and support Head of Packaging in delivering annual training plan.
- Report monthly on all deliverable timings, highlighting areas which require focus & liaise with support teams to resolve
20% at Version 1
70% at Version 2
10% at Version 3Manage Smartflow project management system and review quarterly with the software provider to ensure it consistently meets and delivers THG expectations, work with IT to deliver automated links with specification system (Oracle) and drive to automated artwork.
- Experience managing artwork for a retail organisation
- Project management
- Workflow Management Tools
- Able to work autonomously
- Positive approach to problem solving
- Challenger mentality
- Capable of Multi-tasking and prioritising
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Onsite Doctor
- Employee discounts
- Company bonus scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Company pension scheme