Head of Brand Communications
About The Hut Group:
THG is one of the world’s fastest growing and largest online retailers. We have over a decade of experience building and growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors, in over 160 markets. We create brilliant digital brand experiences and our in-house team design, develop and build a bespoke proprietary technology platform that is used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
With a world-class business, a proprietary technology platform, and disruptive business model, our ambition is to be the global digital leader.
Our culture is fast-paced and ambitious – we like to move twice as fast others believe to be possible. This belief is a fundamental part of the DNA that has supported our incredible growth. Our people are our strength and we have over 4,000 diverse, smart thinkers across the globe who are encouraged to think creatively and empowered to turn their ideas into actions.
To support our ambitious growth, we are looking for commercially astute, ambitious individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and play a part in driving the Group forward on its truly exciting journey.
About the Division:
THG Brands - Health
Myprotein, THG’s largest brand. You will find an unrivalled passion from the staff in Myprotein, whose dedication over the years have turned it into market leader in multiple territories globally. Myprotein, from production through to PR, is a large single unit working consistently to deliver rapid growth in a fast moving industry. Innovation, creativity and resourcefulness are common characteristic of the staff across all departments in this ever expanding team.
As part of the senior management team and reporting directly to the Global Brand Director, you will be responsible for the overarching strategy for key communication channels of the brand.
Devising annual marketing budgets and working with each channel head to implement each strategy, tailored to the requirements and needs of the business, this role allows real creative freedom to execute forward thinking ideas and cutting edge practices.
You will be a key stake holder in shaping the ongoing structure and development of multiple marketing teams, with a number of senior marketing experts reporting into you. Passing down best practices, expert industry experience and first class leadership as you not only develop the business but the individuals within your structure.
- Collaborating in the overarching strategy for the Campaigns, PR, social and content marketing teams
- Defining and proposing annual marketing budgets with divisional heads
- Providing leadership and best practice to an ever growing marketing structure
- Unifying the communication teams to ensure coherent brand objectives
- Providing forward thinking perspectives and constantly innovating ways of working
- Provide expert understanding of consumer behaviour in line with business objectives
- Structuring and developing each team in line with the ever changing landscape of the brand
- Teaching and implementing insight and methodology within your teams
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in communications, digital and marketing
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in managing multiple teams
- Relevant degree in e-commerce/digital/marketing beneficial
- Case studies and examples of successful communication marketing for big brands
- Extensive, hands on 'big brand' experience in a minimum of two of the following: Social, PR, Campaign, Content Marketing
- Experience in brand, Campaigns, Digital or affiliate marketing beneficial
- Case studies of successful campaign results for other big brands
- Genuine passion for fitness and the industry
- Experience in international marketing a huge advantage
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proactive mind-set and can-do attitude
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Company pension scheme
- Onsite Doctor
- Employee discounts
- Company bonus scheme
- Childcare vouchers