Online Fraud Agent
This position is based in Northwich, Cheshire UK. (We are unable to sponsor international candiates for this role)
About the Group
The Hut Group's primary focus is health, beauty, prestige, and nutrition related consumer goods and the company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.
Backed by global giants KKR and Blackrock, The Hut Group's immediate growth plans include further significant investment in pioneering and innovative technologies, further acquisitions and further international expansion.
About Online Fraud
The latest figures report 5.1 million cases of fraud in the UK alone and as payment and transaction mechanisms multiply and organisations become more complex, the risk of fraud grows. As targets become more attractive, individual fraudsters are joined by well-resourced, organised criminal enterprises.
About the Fraud Department
Come and join our fraud team in the North West and you will learn about all sides of fraud, from awareness and prevention to detection and resolution, across all our geographies. Analysts, agents, investigators and management work as a unit, to find effective ways to combat fraud at THG. This team interacts with almost every other team in the business; there is never a dull moment.
The Online Fraud Agent will be part of the Fraud Operations team, responsible for primarily ensuring the right processes and procedures are in place and that procedures are followed to quickly and appropriately resolve fraud issues for customers, victims, 3rd parties, and their designated global area. We are looking for someone with a curious and investigative nature, who understands the fraudulent mind, and can work well with people and processes
- You will work to resolve fraud cases within agreed service levels and update customer accounts accordingly.
- Use a combination of manual and automated tools to gather data and conduct investigations
- Investigate and determine required action to prevent fraudulent transactions to mitigate loss to the business and its customers.
- Work with cross-functional teams across THG for collaboration on fraud risks and investigations
- Manage chargebacks (or similar) processes to agreed service levels and liaise with relevant teams to evolve and improve handling processes
- Maintain the confidentiality of all information obtained during the investigations process
- When required or appropriate, take or make calls to customers or victims to effectively resolve fraud cases
- Follow the Fraud procedural policies set by the team – ensure, as a team, that these are the right policies.
- Identify and analyse new and emerging patterns of fraud and make recommendations for new controls and improved monitoring.
- Take on ad hoc tasks related to fraud projects as directed
- Continuously train and up skill on Fraud matters and new tools available
To be considered for this role you will need to have
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Speaking another language is also a bonus but not a requirement.
- 1+ years experience in an operational fraud role with previous training and knowledge of fraud detection techniques and account verification procedures
- 3+ years experience within a Customer Service, Call Centre, Contact Centre, Chargeback or Collections role
- A university degree or similar level of training in Fraud-related areas
- Performance driven, and able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Curious, with strong analytical skills and attention to detail to be able to identify patterns and trends
- Ability to work on own initiative, and to be a team player. No need for micromanagement!
- Professional attitude and demeanour with a high degree of integrity and confidentiality
Competitive salaries plus discounts, benefits and quarterly bonuses
Leadership and Development training throughout your career
An exciting, fast-paced working environment where you will work with and learn from the best in the business