About The Hut Group:
THG is one of the world’s fastest growing and largest online retailers. We have over a decade of experience building and growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors, in over 160 markets. We create brilliant digital brand experiences and our in-house team design, develop and build a bespoke proprietary technology platform that is used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
With a world-class business, a proprietary technology platform, and disruptive business model, our ambition is to be the global digital leader.
Our culture is fast-paced and ambitious – we like to move twice as fast others believe to be possible. This belief is a fundamental part of the DNA that has supported our incredible growth. Our people are our strength and we have over 4,000 diverse, smart thinkers across the globe who are encouraged to think creatively and empowered to turn their ideas into actions.
To support our ambitious growth, we are looking for commercially astute, ambitious individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and play a part in driving the Group forward on its truly exciting journey.
About the Division:
Finance at THG is a rapidly growing and evolving team, covering all areas of finance from central functions such as accounts receivable and payable, treasury, tax and internal audit, to specific commercial teams for each of our divisions; Beauty, Tech, Consumer, Health and Brands. As the business expands and takes on new challenges in the form of acquired businesses or new ventures, finance is there to support every step of the way, leading to dynamic and challenging roles – no two days are the same! Common characteristics among our team are the ability to drive change, adaptability and resourcefulness, to ensure we can keep pace with the business, without compromising on financial control or sales performance.
About the Role:
Responsibilities compromise of (but not limited to);
- Advising the business on changes in Indirect tax legislation across multiple jurisdictions
- Advising the business on indirect tax implications of projects across the group in a wide range of a
- Reviewing the product file and identifying any errors or potential opportunities
- Provide training to other areas of the business to educate them on correct VAT treatment to reduce the number of processing errors
- Assisting with other Indirect tax queries including, IPR and customs opportunities
- Implementation and continuous improvement VAT and indirect processes
- Review VAT returns prepared by the other members of the indirect tax team
- ACA/ACCA/ ATT/CTA qualified or background either specialising in indirect tax and VAT or with significant experience providing VAT compliance and advisory/planning services
- Prior experience in the retail / ecommerce sector would be preferred but not essential
- Ability to prioritise workload and keep to deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Computer literate, particularly with excel, but also competent with word and power point
- Ability to use initiative as well as work as part of a team
- Self-motivated with a desire to learn
- Attention to detail
- Competitive salary
- Company pension scheme
- Onsite Doctor
- Employee discounts
- Company bonus scheme
- Childcare vouchers