Level 1 Support Analyst - Media City
The Hut Group aims to be the World’s leading Online Health & Beauty Destination. We are currently the UK’s leading multi-website online retailer with rapidly growing global operations and a unique proprietary technology platform. With over 16 million customers worldwide and 400 million visits to our sites annually, we understand the importance of reliable technology and a data-driven expertise.
Our software is the core of our business and enables the company to continue to grow and thrive. The Group’s industry leading and proprietary technology platform powers its own consumer sites plus global media partners and brand owners, including: Unilever, Nintendo and the Daily Mail Group. We develop all of our own applications in-house with our Development Delivery Teams. In order to enable our Delivery Teams to continue to achieve, we are always looking for bright and intellectual people who are happy to push boundaries and really challenge the status quo.
Led by world-class technologists with a diverse range of backgrounds ranging from Silicon Valley tech giants (Google, Amazon) through to Hedge funds and Algorithmic Trading Firms. You will be surrounded by highly intellectual and passionate colleagues, all with the common goal to help us grow this business globally, fast.
UK2 @ THG
Backed by global giants KKR and Blackrock, The Hut Group’s acquisition of UK2 was a strategic opportunity to develop the existing proprietary technology platform behind our health and beauty brands. It also enhances the server infrastructure, programmatic development and platform security.
As veterans in the hosting industry, UK2 Group have been providing internet services on a global scale for over 15 years, pioneering the mass adoption of many breakthrough technologies. With experience which spans two decades, we have seen the online landscape alter beyond recognition, and have adapted our service offering in accordance with the rapid developments in hardware capabilities, data transfer speeds and global business demands.
We are seeking multiple experienced 2nd Line Support Analysts to join our brand new, world class Operations Centre in the heart of Salford Quays.
A Level 1 Technician should have a good Internet background including basic knowledge of DNS. This person should have experience working with HTML, understand common internet protocols, and be able to work within a Linux environment. An L1 Technician should have good communication and people skills, and excellent typing and writing skills, including proper spelling and grammar. Level 1 Technicians should have a working knowledge of common scripting languages.
All Level 1 Technicians are expected to perform, but are not limited to, the following duties:
- Assist UK2 Group clients via Email, chat and telephone with level 1 technical issues1.
- Evaluate technical issues and escalate level 2 technical issues2 to level 2 technicians if necessary.
- Receive special assignments3 according to specific knowledge and skills.
- Assist Level 2 technicians with level 2 issues (on level 2 technicians request).
- Help update and maintain UK2 Group instructional documentation.
- Set a good example for other technical support staff.
- Help keep morale high among co-workers.
1. Level 1 Technical Issues – Technical issues ranging from the most basic to level 2 technical issues.
2. Escalated level 2 Technical Issues – These issues are escalated from our level 1 technicians as being too difficult for our level 1 technicians.3. Special Assignments – All UK2 Group employees are subject to special assignments based on their unique skills and talents
- Competitive Salary
- You’ll be joining a growing, intelligent team that will drive business change
- You’ll have the opportunity to make an impact within the team, applying the skills and methodologies you’ve learnt
- You’ll be working for a company with an excellent culture, in a friendly and fast paced environment
- You’ll be able to react to change with backing from the business
- You'll have the opportunity to solve complex business/technical problems