About The Hut Group:
THG is one of the world’s fastest growing and largest online retailers. We have over a decade of experience building and growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors, in over 160 markets. We create brilliant digital brand experiences and our in-house team design, develop and build a bespoke proprietary technology platform that is used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
With a world-class business, a proprietary technology platform, and disruptive business model, our ambition is to be the global digital leader.
Our culture is fast-paced and ambitious – we like to move twice as fast others believe to be possible. This belief is a fundamental part of the DNA that has supported our incredible growth. Our people are our strength and we have over 4,000 diverse, smart thinkers across the globe who are encouraged to think creatively and empowered to turn their ideas into actions.
To support our ambitious growth, we are looking for commercially astute, ambitious individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and play a part in driving the Group forward on its truly exciting journey.
About the Division:
Consumer, home to THG’s heritage sites and true home of the geek. Includes Brands such as Zavvi, iwantoneofthose, and Popinabox - some of Europe's largest online retailers for Licensed Merchandise, Collectables, and Gifting products.
There’s a real passion and drive within our innovative team, to both achieve and be part of something special. This attitude and culture has been key to driving rapid international growth. A focus on in-house produced and exclusive products through our print on demand facility, has accelerated evolution of the sites away from traditional entertainment retailers towards growing Merchandise and Collectable markets – an area we plan to continue our investment in. We are looking for creative, innovative, and resourceful people to come and join us on our exciting journey.
About The Role
- Write copy for blog articles and product pages that is both optimised for search engines and serves as quality, well researched and engaging copy that captures the brand’s tone of voice
- Be responsible for blog management and optimisation - Looking at visits, conversion, bounce rate etc.
- Use tools such as SEMrush, Ahrefs and Keyword Planner to conduct keyword research with the goal of identifying opportunities for new landing pages and blog content
- Manage day-to-day on-page optimisation (h1s, URLs, meta data, internal links and body content)
- Create and implement link building strategies: this will involve finding guest blogging opportunities, launching PR campaigns, and general blogger and influencer outreach.
- Use tools such as Ahrefs to monitor & report on backlink performance
- Operate with a goal of increasing the Brand’s organic traffic and revenue.
- Analyse and report on performance using Google Analytics & Search Console
- Conduct site SEO audits across multiple international locales.
- Deliver strong growth against targets for the Organic channel.
- Experience in, or knowledge of SEO
- Ability to write copy to a high standard
- An interest in geek/pop culture would be advantageous
- An affinity for analysing, interpreting & managing data
- Very strong attention to detail
- A basic knowledge of HTML
- Experience using Excel
- The ability to problem solve and to take initiative.
- Strong interest in digital marketing channels and e-commerce
- Proven communication and influencing skills
- Commercially astute, ambitious and highly intelligent individuals who are hungry for success and genuine responsibility.
- Competitive salary
- Company pension scheme
- Onsite Doctor
- Employee discounts
- Company bonus scheme
- Childcare vouchers