Technical Project Manager
THG is one of the world’s fastest growing and largest online retailers. We have over a decade of experience building and growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors, in over 160 markets. We create brilliant digital brand experiences and our in-house team design, develop and build a bespoke proprietary technology platform that is used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
With a world-class business, a proprietary technology platform, and disruptive business model, our ambition is to be the global digital leader.
Our culture is fast-paced and ambitious. This belief is a fundamental part of the DNA that has supported our incredible growth. Our people are our strength and we have over 4,000 diverse, smart thinkers across the globe who are encouraged to think creatively and empowered to turn their ideas into actions.
To support our ambitious growth, we are looking for commercially astute, ambitious individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and play a part in driving the Group forward on its truly exciting journey.
About the Division:
Technology is at the heart of the business, core to the growth and internationalisation of all brands that sit under the THG umbrella. Our platform currently supports 177 international websites, in 47 different languages and 23 payment methods. We have our own warehouses and write our own software to fulfil customer orders. From hosting, all the way through to logistics, we power it all through efficient and scalable technology which has been developed in house! With 600 technologists globally, we are squarely focussed on bigger ideas with innovation, creativity and outside of the box thinking. We look for individuals with a passion for creating robust and cutting edge systems and processes that help our business’ and our clients grow their ecommerce presence.
About the Programme:
THG is embarking upon a transformational programme where we are recreating our technology and business processes surrounding our ERP solution. We use Sage, and it is used widely by the Finance, Manufacturing and Procurement functions. Our aim is to implement best-practice solutions and drive efficiency and speed across the business by utilising the software effectively. The programme is led by Technology, but it is a team effort and major stakeholders include the Group CTO, Group CFO, Finance Director, Manufacturing Director and Procurement Director. As part of Release 1, we will recreate our existing Sage solution on a brand new version of the software. Release 2 will see us moving our Beauty manufacturing sites on to the new system, as well as our global business units not in scope for Release 1. We need someone to work closely with the Programme Manager and Workstream Leads (but with a focus on the technology stream) to help deliver the programme successfully.
- Running projects from the initial stages, through to the delivery of the project
- Experience working alongside software development teams
- Ensuring all projects are resourced, planned and controlled correctly
- Working with both internal and external stakeholders (Both Technical and Non Technical) to define the scope and solutions of projects
- Working directly with appointed technical leads and project team members to provide support and direct as required, contributing towards the overall objectives of the project
- Familiarity in dealing directly with technical functions including architecture, software development, test, release management, database, network, platform and IT operations
- Familiarity in dealing with various business units including Finance and Manufacturing
- Experience of managing multiple medium to large software projects through the full life cycle in either Agile or Waterfall methodologies
- Be able to speak confidently about the detail of the full project life cycle with real life examples
- Demonstrate where you have taken the lead in managing teams in order to get the best result
- Pragmatism to the delivery approach, giving real consideration to the best and most efficient way to plan and release solutions
- An understanding and experience of a variety of test approaches (functional and non-functional)
- Ability to plan and balance priorities whilst working towards deadlines
- Excellent communications skills with ability to get messages understood clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques
- Working within a large IT function specialising in the delivery and management of complex projects
- Experience of working on concurrent projects and delivering across a number of different technologies and platforms
- ERP implementation experience
- Experience of Kanban/Scrum
- Qualifications in Project management
What’s in it for you
- Competitive Salary
- You’ll be joining a growing, intelligent team that will drive business change
- You’ll have the opportunity to make an impact within the team, applying the skills and methodologies you’ve learnt
- You’ll be working for a company with an excellent culture, in a friendly and fast paced environment
- You’ll be able to react to change with backing from the business
- You'll have the opportunity to solve complex business/technical problems