Team Leader for Distribution - Melbourne
Team Leader MelbourneAbout The Hut Group:
THG is one of the world’s fastest growing and largest online retailers. We have over a decade of experience building and growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors, in over 160 markets. We create brilliant digital brand experiences and our in-house team design, develop and build a bespoke proprietary technology platform that is used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide. With a world-class business, a proprietary technology platform, and disruptive business model, our ambition is to be the global digital leader.
Our culture is fast-paced and ambitious – we like to move twice as fast others believe to be possible. This belief is a fundamental part of the DNA that has supported our incredible growth. Our people are our strength and we have over 4,000 diverse, smart thinkers across the globe who are encouraged to think creatively and empowered to turn their ideas into actions.
To support our ambitious growth, we are looking for commercially astute, ambitious individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and play a part in driving the Group forward on its truly exciting journey.
THG's primary focus is health, beauty, prestige and nutrition related consumer goods. The company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare, ESPA and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.
Operations is at the heart of our customers’ experience here at THG. We manufacture a wide range of sports nutrition and cosmetic consumer goods that we then despatch to our customers in over 200 countries worldwide from our purpose built, innovative Manufacturing and Distribution Centres.
THG is preparing to launch a Site in Melbourne, Australia for Distribution. The site will open in Q2 2019 with some key hires starting in advance of this date.
THG is looking to recruit a Team Leader to lead a team of around 20-30 Warehouse Operatives who will be working in a variety of roles including pick, pack, sortation, inbound, replen, in our e-commerce warehouse.
The Team Leaders will be responsible for ensuring that their Team is working well so we can get stock in and replenish pick faces and pick and pack and despatch orders quickly, efficiently and safely and in line with customers' expectations.
- Ensure that your Team is operating efficiently, safely and that quality standards are met so that customers receive a good experience.
- Allocate staff to certain areas and check that staffing levels are in line with volume order
- Work with other departments to ensure that all Next Day orders are despatched before cut-off with 100% success rate
- Work with the Learning and Development and Health & Safety team to ensure that all staff in your team receive training so that they can all operate safely, efficiently and deliver a good quality customer experience
- Communicate instructions from Senior Operations Staff to your direct reports and Team clearly and ensure that these are followed.
- Monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and report any issues to Shift Manager
- Be active in identifying problems and propose solutions to address
- Identify key members of the team for development, match people and opportunities to promote succession planning
- Manage absence and attrition through effective use of policies and procedures to ensure that labour targets are delivered.
- Work with the people team to manage any employee relations issues including disciplinaries and absence reviews
- Where the business implements changes, communicate the purpose of changes and encourage others to contribute positively to and participate in the change process
To be considered you will need to have the following Skills and Experience
To be considered for this role you will need to have previous experience managing a small team of people in a warehouse environment.
You should also have
Excellent organisational skills
Experience managing, motivating and developing a team in a warehouse environment
Excellent leadership, communication and influencing skills
Objective setting and managing department via KPI’s
Good understanding of Health & Safety and HR procedures
Apositive and enthusiastic attitude
Ability to build a rapport with staff at all levels of the operation
Ability to remain focused with a good attention to detail
Good at working under pressure, managing your time and your team’s timed effectively and solving problems
Good team player
IT literate: Excel & Word
You will also need to be prepared to work Shifts and to stand for several hours at a time
Competitive salaries plus discounts and benefits
Leadership and Development training throughout your career
An exciting, fast-paced working environment where you will work with and learn from the best in the business