Outbound Supervisor - Night Shift
Outbound Supervisor – Night Shift
Location Shephersdville, Kentucky
The Hut Group:
THG (The Hut Group)’ s primary focus is health, beauty, prestige and sports nutrition consumer goods. The company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, ESPA, Illamasqua, Grow Gorgeous, Mamma Mio, Mio Skincare, Glossybox, Idealshape, Idealfit and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.
Founded & headquartered in the United Kingdom, THG also has operations in the U.S., in Continental Europe (Poland), and is also expanding into Asia and Australia. Our purpose-built, climate-controlled, manufacturing and fulfilment centre in Shepherdsville, KY facility has now been open for around two years with plans for further expansion in the U.S.
Due to rapid growth THG is looking to recruit Outbound Supervisors to lead a team of around 30-50 Warehouse Operatives who will be supporting our busy e-commerce business direct to consumer dispatch area.
The Outbound Supervisor will be responsible for ensuring that the shift runs smoothly and safely by managing the teams effectively so that we can get orders out quickly and efficiently and safely and in line with customers' expectations.
You will be working with a team of supervisors and associates to ensure the safety, quality and productivity of the overall site.
Main Activities / Tasks:
- Lead, manage and motivate your team of circa 30-50 associates
- Allocate staff to certain areas and check that staffing levels are in line with volume order
- Plan the shift to optimize throughput and efficiency
- Work with other departments to ensure that all Next Day orders are despatched before cut-off with 100% success rate
- Work with the Leadership and Development Team and Health & Safety to ensure that all members of your team have been suitably trained for each task that they are asked to perform so that they can operate safely and in line with THG’s Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- You will be required to communicate instructions from Senior Operations Staff to your direct reports and Team clearly and ensure that these are followed.
- Deliver Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) through effective use of resources and management of staff. Provide guidance and feedback to help drive continuous improvement with the team.
- Monitor and report on key metrics and performance indicators to enable the accurate and timely monitoring of objectives. Run and update daily reports, explaining any abnormalities
- Be active in identifying problems and propose solutions to address
- Identify key members of the team for development, match people and opportunities to promote succession planning
- Manage absence and attrition through effective use of policies and procedures to ensure that labour targets are delivered.
- Work with the people team to manage any employee relations issues including disciplinaries and absence reviews
- Plan and lead complex or large-scale projects designed to improve efficiencies and identify opportunities for improvement using use relevant data to analyse trends and identify relevant business implications from this information.
- Where the business implements changes, communicate the purpose of changes and encourage others to contribute positively to and participate in the change process
To be considered you will need to have the following Skills and Experience
- 3 -5 years managerial or supervisory experience with supervising warehouse associates in distribution center management required
- High School degree or equivalent required
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Supply Chain Management preferred
- Excellent organisational skills
- Experience managing, motivating and developing a team in a warehouse environment
- Excellent leadership, communication and influencing skills
- Objective setting and managing department via KPI’s
- Good understanding of H & S and HR procedures
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Ability to build a rapport with staff at all levels of the operation
- Ability to remain focused with a good attention to detail
- Good at working under pressure, managing your time and your team’s timed effectively and solving problems
- Good team player
- IT literate: Excel & Word, WMS
- You will also need to be prepared to work Shifts and to stand for several hours at a time. Planned schedule is Mon – Fri 4:30 pm to 02:00 am
The Hut Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Hut Group does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Very competitive Benefits Package-
- Generous Paid Time Off, up to 150 hours per year
- Medical, Dental, Vision, life insurance & Short/Long Term Disability. 30 day waiting period for benefits
- Company pays up to 90% of insurance premiums
- 9 paid holidays
- Your birthday off, paid after 1 year of service.
- 401K with up to 4% company match. 100% vested from day one
- Awesome Employee discounts on our websites
- Employee Referral bonus program up to $100 per referral
- Climate Controlled
- Excellent growth & advancement opportunities
- Short 20-minute commute from Louisville and Elizabethtown