SEO Content Executive
THG is one of the world’s fastest growing and largest online retailers. We have over a decade of experience building and growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors, in over 160 markets. We create brilliant digital brand experiences and our in-house team design, develop and build a bespoke proprietary technology platform that is used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
With a world-class business, a proprietary technology platform, and disruptive business model, our ambition is to be the global digital leader.
Our culture is fast-paced and ambitious – we like to move twice as fast others believe to be possible. This belief is a fundamental part of the DNA that has supported our incredible growth. Our people are our strength and we have over 4,000 diverse, smart thinkers across the globe who are encouraged to think creatively and empowered to turn their ideas into actions.
To support our ambitious growth, we are looking for commercially astute, ambitious individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and play a part in driving the Group forward on its truly exciting journey.
About the Division:
Consumer, home to THG’s heritage sites and true home of the geek. Includes Brands such as Zavvi, iwantoneofthose, and Popinabox - some of Europe's largest online retailers for Licensed Merchandise, Collectables, and Gifting products.
There’s a real passion and drive within our innovative team, to both achieve and be part of something special. This attitude and culture has been key to driving rapid international growth. A focus on in-house produced and exclusive products through our print on demand facility, has accelerated evolution of the sites away from traditional entertainment retailers towards growing Merchandise and Collectable markets – an area we plan to continue our investment in. We are looking for creative, innovative, and resourceful people to come and join us on our exciting journey.
You will be responsible for SEO-supported content creation across Licensed and Own Brand products to drive sales and growth online. You will uphold a standard for content delivery to achieve authority and consumer trust across all sites and brands, and create a distinct, familiar, consistent feel. You will also be responsible for creating and maintaining our products, as well as retroactively maintaining product standards according to a clear content strategy.
In addition, you will be involved in the developments of new product areas, maintaining critical paths to support new launches within the department.
- Drive the process of developing professionally engaging, entertaining and relevant content for all products, working with Licensing and Own Brand departments to plan product development and launches
- Create new products and ranges across all sites, optimising relevance and prioritising launches according to season, occasion and events. Develop critical paths to ensure timely delivery of content, products and launches across both scheduled and bespoke requests.
- Ensure all content is proofread, and feedback given to continuously improve quality, both in future production and retroactive updates to existing products.
- Regularly audit current products to focus relevance, improve quality and
- Develop product management software and processes, measuring and evaluating successful practices to drive improvement.
- Work with buyers and new product development to bring new and engaging products that are high-quality and relevant opportunities to the business. Manage development of new products and creation processes.
- Support the Content Marketing and Social Media departments, ensuring
- Content is written within Brand and/or License guidelines
- Social media output is engaging, on-brand, and relevant to target audience
- Content is Search Engine Optimised, engaging and professional
- Product brief, brand information and images are high quality
- Degree-level education in a relevant field – Journalism, English etc.
- Passion for content and resource creation, and demonstrable experience of using this to drive outcomes
- Good knowledge of on-page SEO best practices and techniques is preferred
- Ability to carry tasks from conception to completion, managing progression and reporting
- Ability to prioritise across multiple factors and self-manage to a deadline
- Attention to detail and passionate about content and resource creation
- ICT literate – intermediate Office skills and good proficiency in Excel required. Training provided on internal systems.
- Commercial awareness surrounding influence and relevance
- Commitment to genuine responsibility in fast-paced environment
- Competitive salaries
- Discounts across all of our brands - up to 40%
- Real responsibility from the start of your career at THG
- Discounted Haircuts
- Discounted Gym membership
- Access to onsite doctor
- Enrolled onto company pension plan
- Training program via the THG academy
- Leadership and Development training throughout your career
- An exciting, fast paced working environment where you will work with and learn from the best in the business
- We like innovators, entrepreneurial thinkers, people who are capable of thinking outside the box, leading and making key decisions.