Learning & Development Officer for Operations
Learning & Development Officer
The Hut Group's primary focus is health, beauty, prestige and nutrition related consumer goods. The company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare, ESPA and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.
Operations is at the heart of customer experience here at The Hut Group, shipping to consumers in over 200 countries worldwide from our purpose built, innovative Distribution Centre in Warrington, Cheshire.
THG is looking to recruit a Learning and Development Officer with experience organising and delivering training for staff working in an automated Distribution environment. You will design and oversee learning and development for THG staff working in operations at our main distribution centre in Warrington. You will be responsible for ensuring that all new joiners have a great induction and that all staff receive the necessary training to ensure they can operate safely and to optimise their performance. You should be passionate about helping people learn and grow. Excellent communication skills are essential for this role and you should also have experience designing engaging e-learning courses.
Main Activities / Tasks:
You will be required to :
- Create training curricula for each job role and carry out regular training audits. Work with each department to ensure learning plans are kept up to date and audit ready.
- Design and oversee the delivery of a new starters' induction that ensures new staff feel welcome and can operate safely.
- Ensure all associates are trained on the relevant and current processes and work instructions
- Create professional development learning plans for the appropriate roles
- Review effectiveness of Training delivered
- Update course training material on a regular basis and where required to ensure we are compliant with H & S Regulations
- Evaluate individual and organisational development needs
- Implement various learning methods (e.g. coaching, job-shadowing, online training)
- Design and deliver e-learning courses, workshops and classroom training sessions
- Assess the success of development plans and help employees make the most of learning opportunities
- Assist managers with development of their team through career paths
- Manage training and L&D administrators
- Design and deliver a range of THG Leadership sessions to Managers
- Work with L & D Managers at other sites to develop Group Best Practice for Training
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to demonstrate that you have the following:
- A Training Qualification and good understanding of effective learning and development methods.
- Experience developing content and delivering classroom based, e-learning and on the floor training.
- Experience working within warehousing and operations is essential.
- Previous experience implementing formal training plans and training employees at a variety of levels
- Good understanding of H & S Quality and HR procedures
- Track record evaluating and managing training and development programs
- Strong business acumen and people-management skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications Project and Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- If you have experience in food manufacturing that would be advantageous.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Onsite Doctor
- Employee discounts
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme